The role of the in-cylinder gas temperature and oxygen concentration over low load reactivity controlled compression ignition combustion efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Horng-Wen & Wang, Ren-Hung & Ou, Dung-Je & Chen, Ying-Chuan & Chen, Teng-yu, 2011. "Reduction of smoke and nitrogen oxides of a partial HCCI engine using premixed gasoline and ethanol with air," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3882-3890.
- Maurya, Rakesh Kumar & Agarwal, Avinash Kumar, 2011. "Experimental investigation on the effect of intake air temperature and air-fuel ratio on cycle-to-cycle variations of HCCI combustion and performance parameters," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1153-1163, April.
- Singh, Akhilendra Pratap & Agarwal, Avinash Kumar, 2012. "Combustion characteristics of diesel HCCI engine: An experimental investigation using external mixture formation technique," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 116-125.
- Maurya, Rakesh Kumar & Agarwal, Avinash Kumar, 2011. "Experimental study of combustion and emission characteristics of ethanol fuelled port injected homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) combustion engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1169-1180, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedrozo, Vinícius B. & May, Ian & Dalla Nora, Macklini & Cairns, Alasdair & Zhao, Hua, 2016. "Experimental analysis of ethanol dual-fuel combustion in a heavy-duty diesel engine: An optimisation at low load," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 166-182.
- Masurier, J.-B. & Foucher, F. & Dayma, G. & Dagaut, P., 2015. "Ozone applied to the homogeneous charge compression ignition engine to control alcohol fuels combustion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 566-580.
- Jin, Tai & Wu, Yunchao & Wang, Xujiang & Luo, Kai H. & Lu, Tianfeng & Luo, Kun & Fan, Jianren, 2019. "Ignition dynamics of DME/methane-air reactive mixing layer under reactivity controlled compression ignition conditions: Effects of cool flames," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 249(C), pages 343-354.
- Zhang, Chao & Zhang, Chunhua & Xue, Le & Li, Yangyang, 2017. "Combustion characteristics and operation range of a RCCI combustion engine fueled with direct injection n-heptane and pipe injection n-butanol," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 439-448.
- Raza, Mohsin & Wang, Hu & Yao, Mingfa, 2019. "Numerical investigation of reactivity controlled compression ignition (RCCI) using different multi-component surrogate combinations of diesel and gasoline," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 462-479.
- Paykani, Amin & Kakaee, Amir-Hasan & Rahnama, Pourya & Reitz, Rolf D., 2015. "Effects of diesel injection strategy on natural gas/diesel reactivity controlled compression ignition combustion," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 814-826.
- Han, Weiqiang & Li, Bolun & Pan, Suozhu & Lu, Yao & Li, Xin, 2018. "Combined effect of inlet pressure, total cycle energy, and start of injection on low load reactivity controlled compression ignition combustion and emission characteristics in a multi-cylinder heavy-d," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(PB), pages 846-858.
- Mikulski, Maciej & Balakrishnan, Praveen Ramanujam & Hunicz, Jacek, 2019. "Natural gas-diesel reactivity controlled compression ignition with negative valve overlap and in-cylinder fuel reforming," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Liu, Bolan & Zhang, Fujun & Zhao, Changlu & An, Xiaohui & Pei, Haijun, 2016. "A novel lambda-based EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) modulation method for a turbocharged diesel engine under transient operation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 521-530.
- Li, Jing & Yang, Wenming & Zhou, Dezhi, 2017. "Review on the management of RCCI engines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 65-79.
- Pedrozo, Vinícius B. & May, Ian & Zhao, Hua, 2017. "Exploring the mid-load potential of ethanol-diesel dual-fuel combustion with and without EGR," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 263-275.
- Broatch, A. & Margot, X. & Novella, R. & Gomez-Soriano, J., 2016. "Combustion noise analysis of partially premixed combustion concept using gasoline fuel in a 2-stroke engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 612-624.
- Martín, Jaime & Novella, Ricardo & García, Antonio & Carreño, Ricardo & Heuser, Benedikt & Kremer, Florian & Pischinger, Stefan, 2016. "Thermal analysis of a light-duty CI engine operating with diesel-gasoline dual-fuel combustion mode," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P1), pages 1305-1319.
- Li, Yaopeng & Jia, Ming & Chang, Yachao & Xie, Maozhao & Reitz, Rolf D., 2016. "Towards a comprehensive understanding of the influence of fuel properties on the combustion characteristics of a RCCI (reactivity controlled compression ignition) engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 69-82.
- Wang, Yifeng & Yao, Mingfa & Li, Tie & Zhang, Weijing & Zheng, Zunqing, 2016. "A parametric study for enabling reactivity controlled compression ignition (RCCI) operation in diesel engines at various engine loads," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 389-402.
More about this item
KeywordsRCCI; Low load; Combustion efficiency; EURO VI; Oxygen concentration; Intake temperature;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:78:y:2014:i:c:p:854-868. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.