Unconventional gas – A review of regional and global resource estimates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Howard Rogers, 2011. "Shale gas--the unfolding story," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 117-143, Spring.
- Sorrell, Steve, 2007.
"Improving the evidence base for energy policy: The role of systematic reviews,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1858-1871, March.
- Steve Sorrell, 2006. "Improving the Evidence Base for Energy Policy: The Role of Systematic Reviews," SPRU Working Paper Series 146, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Mohr, S.H. & Evans, G.M., 2011. "Long term forecasting of natural gas production," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5550-5560, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yin, Hong & Zhou, Junping & Xian, Xuefu & Jiang, Yongdong & Lu, Zhaohui & Tan, Jingqiang & Liu, Guojun, 2017. "Experimental study of the effects of sub- and super-critical CO2 saturation on the mechanical characteristics of organic-rich shales," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 84-95.
- Fan, Tie-gang & Zhang, Guang-qing, 2014. "Laboratory investigation of hydraulic fracture networks in formations with continuous orthogonal fractures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 164-173.
- Sarhosis, V. & Jaya, A.A. & Thomas, H.R., 2016. "Economic modelling for coal bed methane production and electricity generation from deep virgin coal seams," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 580-594.
- Watson, Jim & Gross, Rob & Ketsopoulou, Ioanna & Winskel, Mark, 2015. "The impact of uncertainties on the UK's medium-term climate change targets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 685-695.
- Hilaire, Jérôme & Bauer, Nico & Brecha, Robert J., 2015. "Boom or bust? Mapping out the known unknowns of global shale gas production potential," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 581-587.
- Speirs, Jamie & McGlade, Christophe & Slade, Raphael, 2015. "Uncertainty in the availability of natural resources: Fossil fuels, critical metals and biomass," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 654-664.
- Ikonnikova, Svetlana & Gülen, Gürcan & Browning, John & Tinker, Scott W., 2015. "Profitability of shale gas drilling: A case study of the Fayetteville shale play," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 382-393.
- Yang, Ruiyue & Hong, Chunyang & Huang, Zhongwei & Song, Xianzhi & Zhang, Shikun & Wen, Haitao, 2019. "Coal breakage using abrasive liquid nitrogen jet and its implications for coalbed methane recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Wang, Jianliang & Mohr, Steve & Feng, Lianyong & Liu, Huihui & Tverberg, Gail E., 2016. "Analysis of resource potential for China’s unconventional gas and forecast for its long-term production growth," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 389-401.
- Zou, Youqin & Yang, Changbing & Wu, Daishe & Yan, Chun & Zeng, Masun & Lan, Yingying & Dai, Zhenxue, 2016. "Probabilistic assessment of shale gas production and water demand at Xiuwu Basin in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 185-195.
- Trobajo, J.R. & Antuña-Nieto, C. & Rodríguez, E. & García, R. & López-Antón, M.A. & Martínez-Tarazona, M.R., 2018. "Carbon-based sorbents impregnated with iron oxides for removing mercury in energy generation processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 648-655.
- Lu, Yiyu & Chen, Xiayu & Tang, Jiren & Li, Honglian & Zhou, Lei & Han, Shuaibin & Ge, Zhaolong & Xia, Binwei & Shen, Huajian & Zhang, Jing, 2019. "Relationship between pore structure and mechanical properties of shale on supercritical carbon dioxide saturation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 270-285.
- Sheridan Few & Ajay Gambhir & Tamaryn Napp & Adam Hawkes & Stephane Mangeon & Dan Bernie & Jason Lowe, 2017. "The Impact of Shale Gas on the Cost and Feasibility of Meeting Climate Targets—A Global Energy System Model Analysis and an Exploration of Uncertainties," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-22, January.
- Tunstall, Thomas, 2015. "Iterative Bass Model forecasts for unconventional oil production in the Eagle Ford Shale," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 580-588.
- Yang, Zaifu & Zhang, Rong & Zhang, Zongyi, 2016. "An exploration of a strategic competition model for the European Union natural gas market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 236-242.
- Yuan, Jiehui & Luo, Dongkun & Feng, Lianyong, 2015. "A review of the technical and economic evaluation techniques for shale gas development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 49-65.
- Saif, Tarik & Lin, Qingyang & Butcher, Alan R. & Bijeljic, Branko & Blunt, Martin J., 2017. "Multi-scale multi-dimensional microstructure imaging of oil shale pyrolysis using X-ray micro-tomography, automated ultra-high resolution SEM, MAPS Mineralogy and FIB-SEM," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 202(C), pages 628-647.
- Griffiths, Steven, 2017. "A review and assessment of energy policy in the Middle East and North Africa region," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 249-269.
- Gracceva, Francesco & Zeniewski, Peter, 2013. "Exploring the uncertainty around potential shale gas development – A global energy system analysis based on TIAM (TIMES Integrated Assessment Model)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 443-457.
- Hongxun Liu & Jianglong Li, 2018. "The US Shale Gas Revolution and Its Externality on Crude Oil Prices: A Counterfactual Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-17, March.
- McGlade, Christophe & Speirs, Jamie & Sorrell, Steve, 2013. "Methods of estimating shale gas resources – Comparison, evaluation and implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 116-125.
- Millar, Graeme J. & Couperthwaite, Sara J. & Moodliar, Cameron D., 2016. "Strategies for the management and treatment of coal seam gas associated water," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 669-691.
- Middleton, Richard S. & Carey, J. William & Currier, Robert P. & Hyman, Jeffrey D. & Kang, Qinjun & Karra, Satish & Jiménez-Martínez, Joaquín & Porter, Mark L. & Viswanathan, Hari S., 2015. "Shale gas and non-aqueous fracturing fluids: Opportunities and challenges for supercritical CO2," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 500-509.
More about this item
KeywordsUnconventional gas; Shale gas; Tight gas; Coal bed methane; Current estimates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:55:y:2013:i:c:p:571-584. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.