Alternative energy sources or integrated alternative energy systems? Oil as a modern lance of Peleus for the energy transition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morthorst, P. E., 2000. "The development of a green certificate market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(15), pages 1085-1094, December.
- Goldemberg, Jose & Coelho, Suani Teixeira & Lucon, Oswaldo, 2004. "How adequate policies can push renewables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1141-1146, June.
- Haas, R. & Eichhammer, W. & Huber, C. & Langniss, O. & Lorenzoni, A. & Madlener, R. & Menanteau, P. & Morthorst, P. -E. & Martins, A. & Oniszk, A. & Schleich, J. & Smith, A. & Vass, Z. & Verbruggen, A, 2004.
"How to promote renewable energy systems successfully and effectively,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 833-839, April.
- R. Haas & W. Eichhammer & C. Huber & O. Langniss & A. Lorenzoni & R. Madlener & Philippe Menanteau & P.E. Morthorst & A. Martins & A. Oniszk, 2004. "How to promote renewable energy systems successfully and effectively," Post-Print halshs-00480446, HAL.
- Yamashita, Kei & Barreto, Leonardo, 2005. "Energyplexes for the 21st century: Coal gasification for co-producing hydrogen, electricity and liquid fuels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(13), pages 2453-2473.
- Hekkert, Marko P. & Hendriks, Franka H. J. F. & Faaij, Andre P. C. & Neelis, Maarten L., 2005. "Natural gas as an alternative to crude oil in automotive fuel chains well-to-wheel analysis and transition strategy development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 579-594, March.
- Barnwal, B.K. & Sharma, M.P., 2005. "Prospects of biodiesel production from vegetable oils in India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 363-378, August.
- Reiche, Danyel & Bechberger, Mischa, 2004. "Policy differences in the promotion of renewable energies in the EU member states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 843-849, May.
- Niven, Robert K., 2005. "Ethanol in gasoline: environmental impacts and sustainability review article," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 535-555, December.
- Warell, Linda, 2005. "Defining geographic coal markets using price data and shipments data," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2216-2230, November.
- Bentley, R. W., 2002. "Global oil & gas depletion: an overview," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 189-205, February.
- Adelman, M. A., 2002. "World oil production & prices 1947-2000," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 169-191.
- Geller, Howard & Schaeffer, Roberto & Szklo, Alexandre & Tolmasquim, Mauricio, 2004. "Policies for advancing energy efficiency and renewable energy use in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1437-1450, August.
- Ashizawa, Masami & Hara, Saburo & Kidoguchi, Kazuhiro & Inumaru, Jun, 2005. "Gasification characteristics of extra-heavy oil in a research-scale gasifier," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2194-2205.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ong, Yee Kang & Bhatia, Subhash, 2010. "The current status and perspectives of biofuel production via catalytic cracking of edible and non-edible oils," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 111-119.
- Raslavičius, Laurencas & Bazaras, Žilvinas, 2010. "Ecological assessment and economic feasibility to utilize first generation biofuels in cogeneration output cycle – The case of Lithuania," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3666-3673.
- Mansoor, Muhammad & Mariun, Norman & Ismail, Napsiah & Wahab, Noor Izzri Abdul, 2013. "A guidance chart for most probable solution directions in sustainable energy developments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 306-313.
- Goldemberg, José & Schaeffer, Roberto & Szklo, Alexandre & Lucchesi, Rodrigo, 2014. "Oil and natural gas prospects in South America: Can the petroleum industry pave the way for renewables in Brazil?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 58-70.
- Szklo, Alexandre & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2007. "Fuel specification, energy consumption and CO2 emission in oil refineries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1075-1092.
- van Ruijven, Bas & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2009. "Oil and natural gas prices and greenhouse gas emission mitigation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4797-4808, November.
- Castelo Branco, David A. & Gomes, Gabriel L. & Szklo, Alexandre S., 2010. "Challenges and technological opportunities for the oil refining industry: A Brazilian refinery case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3098-3105, June.
- Wan Ahmad, Wan Nurul K. & Rezaei, Jafar & de Brito, Marisa P. & Tavasszy, Lóránt A., 2016. "The influence of external factors on supply chain sustainability goals of the oil and gas industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 302-314.
- Szklo, Alexandre & Machado, Giovani & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2007. "Future oil production in Brazil--Estimates based on a Hubbert model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2360-2367, April.
- Castelo Branco, David A. & Szklo, Alexandre S. & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2010. "Co2e emissions abatement costs of reducing natural gas flaring in Brazil by investing in offshore GTL plants producing premium diesel," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 158-167.
- Yusaf, T.F. & Yousif, B.F. & Elawad, M.M., 2011. "Crude palm oil fuel for diesel-engines: Experimental and ANN simulation approaches," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4871-4878.
- Park, Sung Ho & Lee, Seung Jong & Lee, Jin Wook & Chun, Sung Nam & Lee, Jung Bin, 2015. "The quantitative evaluation of two-stage pre-combustion CO2 capture processes using the physical solvents with various design parameters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 47-55.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- del Rio, Pablo, 2005. "A European-wide harmonised tradable green certificate scheme for renewable electricity: is it really so beneficial?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1239-1250, July.
- Sk Noim Uddin & Ros Taplin & Xiaojiang Yu, 2006. "Advancement of renewables in Bangladesh and Thailand: Policy intervention and institutional settings," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 177-187, August.
- Radetzki, Marian, 2010. "Peak Oil and other threatening peaks--Chimeras without substance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6566-6569, November.
- Mario Ragwitz & Simone Steinhilber, 2014. "Effectiveness and efficiency of support schemes for electricity from renewable energy sources," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 213-229, March.
- Szarka, Joseph, 2006. "Wind power, policy learning and paradigm change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3041-3048, November.
- Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Machado, Giovani & Schaeffer, Roberto & Felipe Simoes, Andre & Barboza Mariano, Jacqueline, 2006. "Placing Brazil's heavy acid oils on international markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 692-705, April.
- Avri Eitan, 2021. "Promoting Renewable Energy to Cope with Climate Change—Policy Discourse in Israel," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-17, March.
- Domenichini, R. & Gallio, M. & Lazzaretto, A., 2010. "Combined production of hydrogen and power from heavy oil gasification: Pinch analysis, thermodynamic and economic evaluations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2184-2193.
- Robèrt, Markus & Hultén, Per & Frostell, Björn, 2007. "Biofuels in the energy transition beyond peak oil," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2089-2098.
- Morano, Pierluigi & Tajani, Francesco & Locurcio, Marco, 2017. "GIS application and econometric analysis for the verification of the financial feasibility of roof-top wind turbines in the city of Bari (Italy)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 999-1010.
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Lauber, Volkmar, 2012. "Assessing the performance of renewable electricity support instruments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 635-644.
- Mezher, Toufic & Dawelbait, Gihan & Abbas, Zeina, 2012. "Renewable energy policy options for Abu Dhabi: Drivers and barriers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 315-328.
- Malte Schwoon & Floortje Alkemade & Koen Frenken & Marko P. Hekkert, 2006. "Flexible transition strategies towards future well-to-wheel chains: an evolutionary modelling approach," Working Papers FNU-114, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Aug 2006.
- Charles, Michael B. & Ryan, Rachel & Ryan, Neal & Oloruntoba, Richard, 2007. "Public policy and biofuels: The way forward?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5737-5746, November.
- Maulud, A.L. & Saidi, H., 2012. "The Malaysian Fifth Fuel Policy: Re-strategising the Malaysian Renewable Energy Initiatives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 88-92.
- Ford, Andrew & Vogstad, Klaus & Flynn, Hilary, 2007. "Simulating price patterns for tradable green certificates to promote electricity generation from wind," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 91-111, January.
- Al-Amir, Jawaher & Abu-Hijleh, Bassam, 2013. "Strategies and policies from promoting the use of renewable energy resource in the UAE," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 660-667.
- Murat Sirin, Selahattin & Ege, Aylin, 2012. "Overcoming problems in Turkey's renewable energy policy: How can EU contribute?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4917-4926.
- Meratizaman, Mousa & Monadizadeh, Sina & Tohidi Sardasht, Mohammad & Amidpour, Majid, 2015. "Techno economic and environmental assessment of using gasification process in order to mitigate the emission in the available steam power cycle," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1-14.
- Bastin, Cristina & Szklo, Alexandre & Rosa, Luiz Pinguelli, 2010. "Diffusion of new automotive technologies for improving energy efficiency in Brazil's light vehicle fleet," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3586-3597, July.
More about this item
KeywordsAlternative energy systems; Alternative energy sources; Oil industry; Hydrocarbon gasification;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:31:y:2006:i:14:p:2513-2522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.