Potential and sensitivity analysis of long-term hydrogen production in resolving surplus RES generation—a case study in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parra, David & Zhang, Xiaojin & Bauer, Christian & Patel, Martin K., 2017. "An integrated techno-economic and life cycle environmental assessment of power-to-gas systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 440-454.
- Bailera, Manuel & Lisbona, Pilar, 2018. "Energy storage in Spain: Forecasting electricity excess and assessment of power-to-gas potential up to 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 900-910.
- Huber, Matthias & Dimkova, Desislava & Hamacher, Thomas, 2014. "Integration of wind and solar power in Europe: Assessment of flexibility requirements," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 236-246.
- de Boer, Harmen Sytze & Grond, Lukas & Moll, Henk & Benders, René, 2014. "The application of power-to-gas, pumped hydro storage and compressed air energy storage in an electricity system at different wind power penetration levels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 360-370.
- Welder, Lara & Ryberg, D.Severin & Kotzur, Leander & Grube, Thomas & Robinius, Martin & Stolten, Detlef, 2018. "Spatio-temporal optimization of a future energy system for power-to-hydrogen applications in Germany," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 1130-1149.
- Kotzur, Leander & Markewitz, Peter & Robinius, Martin & Stolten, Detlef, 2018. "Time series aggregation for energy system design: Modeling seasonal storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 213(C), pages 123-135.
- Kirchbacher, Florian & Biegger, Philipp & Miltner, Martin & Lehner, Markus & Harasek, Michael, 2018. "A new methanation and membrane based power-to-gas process for the direct integration of raw biogas – Feasability and comparison," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 34-46.
- Lewandowska-Bernat, Anna & Desideri, Umberto, 2018. "Opportunities of power-to-gas technology in different energy systems architectures," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 57-67.
- Caumon, Pauline & Lopez-Botet Zulueta, Miguel & Louyrette, Jérémy & Albou, Sandrine & Bourasseau, Cyril & Mansilla, Christine, 2015. "Flexible hydrogen production implementation in the French power system: Expected impacts at the French and European levels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 556-562.
- Suciu, Raluca & Girardin, Luc & Maréchal, François, 2018. "Energy integration of CO2 networks and power to gas for emerging energy autonomous cities in Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 830-842.
- Colbertaldo, Paolo & Guandalini, Giulio & Campanari, Stefano, 2018. "Modelling the integrated power and transport energy system: The role of power-to-gas and hydrogen in long-term scenarios for Italy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 592-601.
- Mukherjee, Ushnik & Walker, Sean & Maroufmashat, Azadeh & Fowler, Michael & Elkamel, Ali, 2017. "Development of a pricing mechanism for valuing ancillary, transportation and environmental services offered by a power to gas energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 447-462.
- Li, Yanxue & Gao, Weijun & Ruan, Yingjun & Ushifusa, Yoshiaki, 2018. "The performance investigation of increasing share of photovoltaic generation in the public grid with pump hydro storage dispatch system, a case study in Japan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 811-821.
- Mesfun, Sennai & Sanchez, Daniel L. & Leduc, Sylvain & Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Lundgren, Joakim & Biberacher, Markus & Kraxner, Florian, 2017. "Power-to-gas and power-to-liquid for managing renewable electricity intermittency in the Alpine Region," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 361-372.
- Tschiggerl, Karin & Sledz, Christian & Topic, Milan, 2018. "Considering environmental impacts of energy storage technologies: A life cycle assessment of power-to-gas business models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 1091-1100.
- Lisbona, Pilar & Frate, Guido Francesco & Bailera, Manuel & Desideri, Umberto, 2018. "Power-to-Gas: Analysis of potential decarbonization of Spanish electrical system in long-term prospective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 656-668.
- Chazarra, Manuel & Pérez-Díaz, Juan I. & García-González, Javier & Praus, Roland, 2018. "Economic viability of pumped-storage power plants participating in the secondary regulation service," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 224-233.
- Nastasi, Benedetto & Lo Basso, Gianluigi, 2016. "Hydrogen to link heat and electricity in the transition towards future Smart Energy Systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 5-22.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roach, Martin & Meeus, Leonardo, 2020. "The welfare and price effects of sector coupling with power-to-gas," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C).
- Anshuman Chaube & Andrew Chapman & Yosuke Shigetomi & Kathryn Huff & James Stubbins, 2020. "The Role of Hydrogen in Achieving Long Term Japanese Energy System Goals," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(17), pages 1-17, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSolar and wind; Hydrogen production; Renewable integration; Flexibility; Sensitivity analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:171:y:2019:i:c:p:1164-1172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.