The plunge in German electricity futures prices – Analysis using a parsimonious fundamental model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Perthuis, Christian & Trotignon, Raphael, 2014.
"Governance of CO2 markets: Lessons from the EU ETS,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 100-106.
- Christian de Perthuis & Raphael Trotignon, 2013. "Governance of CO2 markets: lessons from the EU ETS," Working Papers 1307, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Christian De Perthuis & Raphaël Trotignon, 2013. "Governance of CO2 markets: lessons from the EU ETS," Post-Print hal-01504635, HAL.
- Christian De Perthuis & Raphaël Trotignon, 2014. "Governance of CO2 markets: Lessons from the EU ETS," Post-Print hal-01504611, HAL.
- Rathmann, M., 2007. "Do support systems for RES-E reduce EU-ETS-driven electricity prices?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 342-349, January.
- Weigt, Hannes & Ellerman, Denny & Delarue, Erik, 2013. "CO2 abatement from renewables in the German electricity sector: Does a CO2 price help?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 149-158.
- Weigt, Hannes & Hirschhausen, Christian von, 2008.
"Price formation and market power in the German wholesale electricity market in 2006,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4227-4234, November.
- Weigt, Hannes & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2007. "Price Formation and Market Power in the German Wholesale Electricity Market in 2006," MPRA Paper 65662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markus Burger & Bernhard Klar & Alfred Muller & Gero Schindlmayr, 2004. "A spot market model for pricing derivatives in electricity markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 109-122.
- Viehmann, Johannes, 2011. "Risk premiums in the German day-ahead Electricity Market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 386-394, January.
- Benth, Fred Espen & Cartea, Álvaro & Kiesel, Rüdiger, 2008.
"Pricing forward contracts in power markets by the certainty equivalence principle: Explaining the sign of the market risk premium,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2006-2021, October.
- Fred Espen Benth & Alvaro Cartea & Ruediger Kiesel, 2006. "Pricing Forward Contracts in Power Markets by the Certainty Equivalence Principle: Explaining the Sign of the Market Risk Premium," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0611, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Cartea, Álvaro & Villaplana, Pablo, 2008.
"Spot price modeling and the valuation of electricity forward contracts: The role of demand and capacity,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2502-2519, December.
- Alvaro Cartea & Pablo Villaplana Conde, 2007. "Spot Price Modeling and the Valuation of Electricity Forward Contracts: the Role of Demand and Capacity," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0718, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:12:y:2009:i:07:n:s021902490900552x is not listed on IDEAS
- Koch, Nicolas & Fuss, Sabine & Grosjean, Godefroy & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2014. "Causes of the EU ETS price drop: Recession, CDM, renewable policies or a bit of everything?—New evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 676-685.
- Sáenz de Miera, Gonzalo & del Rio González, Pablo & Vizcaino, Ignacio, 2008. "Analysing the impact of renewable electricity support schemes on power prices: The case of wind electricity in Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3345-3359, September.
- Ketterer, Janina C., 2014.
"The impact of wind power generation on the electricity price in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 270-280.
- Janina Ketterer, 2012. "The Impact of Wind Power Generation on the Electricity Price in Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 143, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13539 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Pahle, Michael, 2010. "Germany's dash for coal: Exploring drivers and factors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3431-3442, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11500 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hendrik Bessembinder & Michael L. Lemmon, 2002. "Equilibrium Pricing and Optimal Hedging in Electricity Forward Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1347-1382, June.
- M. T. Barlow, 2002. "A Diffusion Model For Electricity Prices," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 287-298.
- Sensfuß, Frank & Ragwitz, Mario & Genoese, Massimo, 2008. "The merit-order effect: A detailed analysis of the price effect of renewable electricity generation on spot market prices in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3076-3084, August.
- Weron, Rafał, 2014.
"Electricity price forecasting: A review of the state-of-the-art with a look into the future,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1030-1081.
- Rafal Weron, 2014. "Electricity price forecasting: A review of the state-of-the-art with a look into the future," HSC Research Reports HSC/14/07, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Van den Bergh, Kenneth & Delarue, Erik & D'haeseleer, William, 2013. "Impact of renewables deployment on the CO2 price and the CO2 emissions in the European electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1021-1031.
- Rene Carmona & Michael Coulon & Daniel Schwarz, 2012. "Electricity price modeling and asset valuation: a multi-fuel structural approach," Papers 1205.2299, arXiv.org.
- Pape, Christian & Hagemann, Simon & Weber, Christoph, 2016. "Are fundamentals enough? Explaining price variations in the German day-ahead and intraday power market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 376-387.
- René Aïd & Luciano Campi & Adrien Nguyen Huu & Nizar Touzi, 2009.
"A Structural Risk-Neutral Model Of Electricity Prices,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(07), pages 925-947.
- René Aid & Luciano Campi & Adrien Nguyen Huu & Nizar Touzi, 2009. "A structural risk-neutral model of electricity prices," Post-Print hal-00390690, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:5:p:1256-:d:146307 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:113:y:2017:i:c:p:1111-1121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Furtwaengler & Christoph Weber, "undated". "Reserve Provision by CHP Units and its Impact on Equilibria in Spot and Reserve Markets," EWL Working Papers 1803, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:117:y:2018:i:c:p:263-277 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Pape, 2017. "The impact of intraday markets on the market value of flexibilityâ€“Decomposing effects on profile and the imbalance costs," EWL Working Papers 1711, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Dec 2017.
- Philip Beran & Christian Pape & Christoph Weber, 2018. "Modelling German electricity wholesale spot prices with a parsimonious fundamental model â€“ Validation and application," EWL Working Papers 1801, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Mar 2018.
- Bublitz, Andreas & Keles, Dogan & Zimmermann, Florian & Fraunholz, Christoph & Fichtner, Wolf, 2018. "A survey on electricity market design: Insights from theory and real-world implementations of capacity remuneration mechanisms," Working Paper Series in Production and Energy 27, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute for Industrial Production (IIP).
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:323-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:280-294 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity generation; Investment; Market structure; Pricing; Western European countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:95:y:2016:i:c:p:280-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.