Are micro-benefits negligible? The implications of the rapid expansion of Solar Home Systems (SHS) in rural Bangladesh for sustainable development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martinot, E. & Cabraal, A. & Mathur, S., 2001. "World Bank/GEF solar home system projects: experiences and lessons learned 1993-2000," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 39-57, March.
- van der Zwaan, Bob & Rabl, Ari, 2004. "The learning potential of photovoltaics: implications for energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(13), pages 1545-1554, September.
- Byrne, John & Shen, Bo & Wallace, William, 1998. "The economics of sustainable energy for rural development: A study of renewable energy in rural China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 45-54, January.
- Acker, Richard H & Kammen, Daniel M, 1996. "The quiet (energy) revolution : Analysing the dissemination of photovoltaic power systems in Kenya," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 81-111, January.
- Albrecht, Johan, 2007. "The future role of photovoltaics: A learning curve versus portfolio perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2296-2304, April.
- Barua, Dipal C., 2001. "Strategy for promotions and development of renewable technologies in Bangladesh: experience from Grameen Shakti," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 205-210.
- Islam, A.K.M. Sadrul & Islam, Mazharul & Rahman, Tazmilur, 2006. "Effective renewable energy activities in Bangladesh," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 677-688.
- Urmee, Tania & Harries, David & Schlapfer, August, 2009. "Issues related to rural electrification using renewable energy in developing countries of Asia and Pacific," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 354-357.
- Gustavsson, Mathias & Ellegård, Anders, 2004. "The impact of solar home systems on rural livelihoods. Experiences from the Nyimba Energy Service Company in Zambia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1059-1072.
- Linguet, L. & Hidair, I., 2010. "A detailed analysis of the productivity of solar home system in an Amazonian environment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 745-753, February.
- Stutenbäumer, Ulrich & Negash, Tesfaye & Abdi, Amensisa, 1999. "Performance of small-scale photovoltaic systems and their potential for rural electrification in Ethiopia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 35-48.
- Wamukonya, Njeri, 2007. "Solar home system electrification as a viable technology option for Africa's development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 6-14, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davide Forcella & Marek Hudon, 2016. "Green Microfinance in Europe," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 445-459, May.
- Pandey, A.K. & Tyagi, V.V. & Selvaraj, Jeyraj A/L & Rahim, N.A. & Tyagi, S.K., 2016. "Recent advances in solar photovoltaic systems for emerging trends and advanced applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 859-884.
- Pode, Ramchandra, 2013. "Financing LED solar home systems in developing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 596-629.
- Komatsu, Satoru & Kaneko, Shinji & Ghosh, Partha Pratim & Morinaga, Akane, 2013. "Determinants of user satisfaction with solar home systems in rural Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 52-58.
- Gottesfeld, Perry & Cherry, Christopher R., 2011. "Lead emissions from solar photovoltaic energy systems in China and India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4939-4946, September.
- Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Islam, Md Tasbirul & Karim, Mohd Aminul & Karim, Nissar Mohammad, 2014. "Exploitation of renewable energy for sustainable development and overcoming power crisis in Bangladesh," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 223-235.
- Marion Allet & Marek Hudon, 2015.
"Green Microfinance: Characteristics of Microfinance Institutions Involved in Environmental Management,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 395-414, February.
- Marion Allet & Marek Hudon, 2013. "Green Microfinance. Characteristics of microfinance institutions involved in environmental management," Working Papers CEB 13-005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Elizabeth Baldwin & Jennifer N. Brass & Sanya Carley & Lauren M. MacLean, 2015. "Electrification and rural development: issues of scale in distributed generation," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 196-211, March.
- Mishra, Pulak & Behera, Bhagirath, 2016. "Socio-economic and environmental implications of solar electrification: Experience of rural Odisha," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 953-964.
- Li, Xuesong & Li, Hao & Wang, Xingwu, 2013. "Farmers' willingness to convert traditional houses to solar houses in rural areas: A survey of 465 households in Chongqing, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 882-886.
- Mandelli, Stefano & Barbieri, Jacopo & Mereu, Riccardo & Colombo, Emanuela, 2016. "Off-grid systems for rural electrification in developing countries: Definitions, classification and a comprehensive literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1621-1646.
More about this item
KeywordsSolar Home Systems Benefit assessment Bangladesh;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:7:p:4022-4031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.