Successful renewable energy development in a competitive electricity market: A Texas case study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Edward Steinmueller, 2009. "Comments," Chapters,in: The New Economics of Technology Policy, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2009. "The intermittency of wind, solar, and renewable electricity generators: Technical barrier or rhetorical excuse?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3-4), pages 288-296, September.
- Zarnikau, Jay, 2003. "Consumer demand for `green power' and energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1661-1672, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sadeghi, Hadi & Rashidinejad, Masoud & Abdollahi, Amir, 2017. "A comprehensive sequential review study through the generation expansion planning," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1369-1394.
- Dong, Yanli & Shimada, Koji, 2017. "Evolution from the renewable portfolio standards to feed-in tariff for the deployment of renewable energy in Japan," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 590-596.
- Chi-Keung Woo, Ira Horowitz, Brian Horii, Ren Orans, and Jay Zarnikau, 2012. "Blowing in the Wind: Vanishing Payoffs of a Tolling Agreement for Natural-gas-fired Generation of Electricity in Texas," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:887-902 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bae, Mungyu & Kim, Hwantae & Kim, Eugene & Chung, Albert Yongjoon & Kim, Hwangnam & Roh, Jae Hyung, 2014. "Toward electricity retail competition: Survey and case study on technical infrastructure for advanced electricity market system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 252-273.
- Christian Brannstrom & Mary Tilton & Andrew Klein & Wendy Jepson, 2015. "Spatial Distribution of Estimated Wind-Power Royalties in West Texas," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-18, December.
- Levin, Todd & Botterud, Audun, 2015. "Electricity market design for generator revenue sufficiency with increased variable generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 392-406.
- Woo, C.K. & Sreedharan, P. & Hargreaves, J. & Kahrl, F. & Wang, J. & Horowitz, I., 2014. "A review of electricity product differentiation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 262-272.
- repec:eee:appene:v:204:y:2017:i:c:p:531-543 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hooi Hooi Lean & Russell Smyth, 2012. "Are fluctuations in production of renewable energy permanent or transitory?," Monash Economics Working Papers 05-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Fremeth Adam & Marcus Alfred A., 2016. "The role of governance systems and rules in wind energy development: evidence from Minnesota and Texas," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 18(3), pages 337-365, October.
- Richard Green & Adonis Yatchew, 2012. "Support Schemes for Renewable Energy: An Economic Analysis," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Smyth, Russell, 2013. "Are fluctuations in US production of renewable energy permanent or transitory?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 483-488.
- Alagappan, L. & Orans, R. & Woo, C.K., 2011. "What drives renewable energy development?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5099-5104, September.
- Daeho Kim & Jimin Kim & Choongwan Koo & Taehoon Hong, 2014. "An Economic and Environmental Assessment Model for Selecting the Optimal Implementation Strategy of Fuel Cell Systems—A Focus on Building Energy Policy," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-22, August.
- Würzburg, Klaas & Labandeira, Xavier & Linares, Pedro, 2013.
"Renewable generation and electricity prices: Taking stock and new evidence for Germany and Austria,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 159-171.
- Klaas WŸrzburg & Xavier Labandeira & Pedro Linares, 2013. "Renewable Generation and Electricity Prices: Taking Stock and New Evidence for Germany and Austria," Working Papers fa03-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Zhao, Yong & Tang, Kam Ki & Wang, Li-li, 2013. "Do renewable electricity policies promote renewable electricity generation? Evidence from panel data," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 887-897.
- Woo, C.K. & Moore, J. & Schneiderman, B. & Ho, T. & Olson, A. & Alagappan, L. & Chawla, K. & Toyama, N. & Zarnikau, J., 2016. "Merit-order effects of renewable energy and price divergence in California’s day-ahead and real-time electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 299-312.
- Chi-Keung Woo, Ira Horowitz, Jay Zarnikau, Jack Moore, Brendan Schneiderman, Tony Ho, and Eric Leung, 2016. "What Moves the Ex Post Variable Profit of Natural-Gas-Fired Generation in California?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Sreedharan, P. & Farbes, J. & Cutter, E. & Woo, C.K. & Wang, J., 2016. "Microgrid and renewable generation integration: University of California, San Diego," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 709-720.
- Lam, J.C.K. & Woo, C.K. & Kahrl, F. & Yu, W.K., 2013. "What moves wind energy development in China? Show me the money!," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 423-429.
- Holburn, Guy L.F., 2012. "Assessing and managing regulatory risk in renewable energy: Contrasts between Canada and the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 654-665.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy Electricity markets Wind power;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:7:p:3906-3913. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .