How energy efficiency fails in the building industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ellen M van Bueren & Hugo Priemus, 2002. "Institutional barriers to sustainable construction," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(1), pages 75-86, January.
- Aune, Margrethe, 2007. "Energy comes home," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5457-5465, November.
- Geller, Howard & Harrington, Philip & Rosenfeld, Arthur H. & Tanishima, Satoshi & Unander, Fridtjof, 2006. "Polices for increasing energy efficiency: Thirty years of experience in OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 556-573, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pia Pässilä & Lauri Pulkka & Seppo Junnila, 2015. "How to Succeed in Low-Energy Housing—Path Creation Analysis of Low-Energy Innovation Projects," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-22, July.
- Feser, Daniel & Bizer, Kilian & Rudolph-Cleff, Annette & Schulze, Joachim, 2016. "Energy audits in a private firm environment: Energy efficiency consultants' cost calculation for innovative technologies in the housing sector," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 275, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Marszal, Anna Joanna & Heiselberg, Per, 2011. "Life cycle cost analysis of a multi-storey residential Net Zero Energy Building in Denmark," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5600-5609.
- Yang, Pingjian & He, Gang & Mao, Guozhu & Liu, Yong & Xu, Mingzhu & Guo, Huaicheng & Liu, Xi, 2013. "Sustainability needs and practices assessment in the building industry of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 212-220.
- Hagelskjær Lauridsen, Erik & Stissing Jensen, Jens, 2013. "The strictest energy requirements in the world: An analysis of the path dependencies of a self-proclaimed success," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 97-104.
- Patrik Thollander & Jenny Palm, 2015. "Industrial Energy Management Decision Making for Improved Energy Efficiency—Strategic System Perspectives and Situated Action in Combination," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-10, June.
- Marszal, Anna Joanna & Heiselberg, Per & Lund Jensen, Rasmus & Nørgaard, Jesper, 2012. "On-site or off-site renewable energy supply options? Life cycle cost analysis of a Net Zero Energy Building in Denmark," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 154-165.
- Morrissey, J. & Meyrick, B. & Sivaraman, D. & Horne, R.E. & Berry, M., 2013. "Cost-benefit assessment of energy efficiency investments: Accounting for future resources, savings and risks in the Australian residential sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 148-159.
- Barbetta, Gian Paolo & Canino, Paolo & Cima, Stefano, 2015. "The impact of energy audits on energy efficiency investment of public owners. Evidence from Italy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 1199-1209.
- repec:eee:appene:v:206:y:2017:i:c:p:1062-1075 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peterman, Andrew & Kourula, Arno & Levitt, Raymond, 2012. "A roadmap for navigating voluntary and mandated programs for building energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 415-426.
- Morrissey, J. & Moore, T. & Horne, R.E., 2011. "Affordable passive solar design in a temperate climate: An experiment in residential building orientation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 568-577.
- Klemick, Heather & Kopits, Elizabeth & Wolverton, Ann & Sargent, Keith, 2015. "Heavy-duty trucking and the energy efficiency paradox: Evidence from focus groups and interviews," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 154-166.
- Eva Valeri & Amanda Stathopoulos & Edoardo Marcucci, 2012. "Energy Efficiency In The Transport Sector: Policy Evolution In Some European Countries," Working Papers 0312, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2012.
- Altwies, Joy E. & Nemet, Gregory F., 2013. "Innovation in the U.S. building sector: An assessment of patent citations in building energy control technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 819-831.
- Pan, Wei & Garmston, Helen, 2012. "Building regulations in energy efficiency: Compliance in England and Wales," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 594-605.
- Annunziata, Eleonora & Rizzi, Francesco & Frey, Marco, 2014. "Enhancing energy efficiency in public buildings: The role of local energy audit programmes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 364-373.
- Scholtens, Bert & Kleinsmann, Renske, 2011. "Incentives for subcontractors to adopt CO2 emission reporting and reduction techniques," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1877-1883, March.
- Brounen, Dirk & Kok, Nils, 2011. "On the economics of energy labels in the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 166-179, September.
- Peterman, Andrew & Kourula, Arno & Levitt, Raymond, 2014. "Balancing act: Government roles in an energy conservation network," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 1067-1082.
- Heather Klemick & Elizabeth Kopits & Ann Wolverton, 2015. "The Energy Efficiency Paradox: A Case Study of Supermarket Refrigeration System Investment Decisions," NCEE Working Paper Series 201503, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jun 2015.
- Pan, Wei & Garmston, Helen, 2012. "Compliance with building energy regulations for new-build dwellings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 11-22.
- Heather Klemick & Elizabeth Kopits & Keith Sargent & Ann Wolverton, 2014. "Heavy-Duty Trucks and the Energy Efficiency Paradox," NCEE Working Paper Series 201402, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jan 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency Building industry Energy policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:3:p:984-991. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.