Profiting from negawatts: Reducing absolute consumption and emissions through a performance-based energy economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric W. Welch & Allan Mazur & Stuart Bretschneider, 2000. "Voluntary behavior by electric utilities: Levels of adoption and contribution of the climate challenge program to the reduction of carbon dioxide," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 407-425.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Turton, Hal & Casten, Tom, 2007. "Energy efficiency, sustainability and economic growth," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 634-648.
- Spreng, Daniel, 2005. "Distribution of energy consumption and the 2000 W/capita target," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1905-1911, October.
- D. McEvoy & D.C. Gibbs & J.W.S. Longhurst, 2001. "Reducing Residential Carbon Intensity: The New Role for English Local Authorities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(1), pages 7-21, January.
- Roy, Joyashree, 2000. "The rebound effect: some empirical evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 433-438, June.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Warr, Benjamin, 2005. "Accounting for growth: the role of physical work," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 181-209, June.
- Haberl, Helmut, 2006. "The global socioeconomic energetic metabolism as a sustainability problem," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 87-99.
- Vine, Edward, 2005. "An international survey of the energy service company (ESCO) industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 691-704, March.
- Weber, Christopher L. & Matthews, H. Scott, 2008. "Quantifying the global and distributional aspects of American household carbon footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 379-391, June.
- Krausmann, Fridolin & Schandl, Heinz & Sieferle, Rolf Peter, 2008.
"Socio-ecological regime transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 187-201, March.
- Fridolin Krausmann & Heinz Schandl & Rolf Peter Sieferle, 2007. "Socio-Ecological Regime Transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2007-05, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Jaccard, Mark & Failing, Lee & Berry, Trent, 1997. "From equipment to infrastructure: community energy management and greenhouse gas emission reduction," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(13), pages 1065-1074, November.
- Kemmler, Andreas & Spreng, Daniel, 2007. "Energy indicators for tracking sustainability in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2466-2480, April.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Stavins, Robert N., 1994. "The energy-efficiency gap What does it mean?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 804-810, October.
- Pachauri, S. & Mueller, A. & Kemmler, A. & Spreng, D., 2004. "On Measuring Energy Poverty in Indian Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2083-2104, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Apajalahti, Eeva-Lotta & Lovio, Raimo & Heiskanen, Eva, 2015. "From demand side management (DSM) to energy efficiency services: A Finnish case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 76-85.
- K. Scott & H. Daly & J. Barrett & N. Strachan, 2016. "National climate policy implications of mitigating embodied energy system emissions," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 325-338, May.
- Sousa, José Luís & Martins, António Gomes & Jorge, Humberto, 2013. "Dealing with the paradox of energy efficiency promotion by electric utilities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 251-258.
- Overholm, Harald, 2015. "Spreading the rooftop revolution: What policies enable solar-as-a-service?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 69-79.
- Hannon, Matthew J. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Gale, William F., 2013. "The co-evolutionary relationship between Energy Service Companies and the UK energy system: Implications for a low-carbon transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1031-1045.
- Polzin, Friedemann & von Flotow, Paschen & Nolden, Colin, 2016. "What encourages local authorities to engage with energy performance contracting for retrofitting? Evidence from German municipalities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 317-330.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:99-108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nolden, Colin & Sorrell, Steve & Polzin, Friedemann, 2016. "Catalysing the energy service market: The role of intermediaries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 420-430.
- Cédric Gossart, 2015. "Rebound effects and ICT : a review of the literature," Post-Print hal-01258112, HAL.
- Helms, Thorsten, 2016. "Asset transformation and the challenges to servitize a utility business model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 98-112.
- Roelich, Katy & Knoeri, Christof & Steinberger, Julia K. & Varga, Liz & Blythe, Phil T. & Butler, David & Gupta, Rajat & Harrison, Gareth P. & Martin, Chris & Purnell, Phil, 2015. "Towards resource-efficient and service-oriented integrated infrastructure operation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 40-52.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:12:p:16273-16289:d:60187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marion Drut, 2013. "Vers un système de transport opérant selon les principes de l'économie de la fonctionnalité?," Working Papers hal-00996379, HAL.
- Sousa, José L. & Martins, António G. & Jorge, Humberto M., 2013. "World-wide non-mandatory involvement of electricity utilities in the promotion of energy efficiency and the Portuguese experience," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 319-331.
- Marion Drut, 2012. "Vers un système de transport opérant selon les principes de l'économie de la fonctionnalité," Working Papers hal-00992621, HAL.
- Ingrid Vaileanu Paun, 2010. "Vers une territorialisation de la valeur des entreprises : les apports de l'économie de la fonctionnalité," Post-Print halshs-00560441, HAL.
- Hull, David & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P. & Walker, Neil, 2009. "Development of a modelling framework in response to new European energy-efficiency regulatory obligations: The Irish experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5363-5375, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPerformance contracting Energy consumption Demand-side management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:1:p:361-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.