Estimating the impact of extreme events on crude oil price: An EMD-based event analysis method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ye, Michael & Zyren, John & Shore, Joanne, 2006. "Forecasting short-run crude oil price using high- and low-inventory variables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2736-2743, November.
- Ye, Michael & Zyren, John & Shore, Joanne, 2005. "A monthly crude oil spot price forecasting model using relative inventories," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 491-501.
- Zeileis, Achim & Leisch, Friedrich & Hornik, Kurt & Kleiber, Christian, 2002.
"strucchange: An R Package for Testing for Structural Change in Linear Regression Models,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 7(i02).
- Zeileis, Achim & Leisch, Friedrich & Hornik, Kurt & Kleiber, Christian, 2001. "Strucchange: An R package for testing for structural change in linear regression models," Technical Reports 2001,26, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Saeed Moshiri & Faezeh Foroutan, 2006. "Forecasting Nonlinear Crude Oil Futures Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 81-96.
- Zhang, Xun & Lai, K.K. & Wang, Shou-Yang, 2008. "A new approach for crude oil price analysis based on Empirical Mode Decomposition," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 905-918, May.
- Matteo Manera & Chiara Longo & Anil Markandya & Elisa Scarpa, 2007. "Evaluating the Empirical Performance of Alternative Econometric Models for Oil Price Forecasting," Working Papers 2007.4, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Dees, Stephane & Karadeloglou, Pavlos & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Sanchez, Marcelo, 2007.
"Modelling the world oil market: Assessment of a quarterly econometric model,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 178-191, January.
- DEES Stéphane & KARADELOGLOU Pavlos & KAUFMANN Robert & SANCHEZ Marcelo, "undated". "Modelling the World Oil Market: Assessment of a Quarterly Econometric Model," EcoMod2003 330700040, EcoMod.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Lynda Khalaf & Maral Kichian, 2004. "Structural Change and Forecasting Long-Run Energy Prices," Staff Working Papers 04-5, Bank of Canada.
- Yu, Lean & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2008. "Forecasting crude oil price with an EMD-based neural network ensemble learning paradigm," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2623-2635, September.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 2003.
"Computation and analysis of multiple structural change models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-22.
- BAI, Jushan & PERRON, Pierre, 1998. "Computation and Analysis of Multiple Structural-Change Models," Cahiers de recherche 9807, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "MULTIPLEBREAKS: RATS procedure to perform multiple structural change analysis," Statistical Software Components RTS00138, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate examples of Bai-Perron procedure," Statistical Software Components RTZ00008, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BAIPERRON: RATS procedure to perform Bai-Perron Test for Multiple Structural Changes," Statistical Software Components RTS00013, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hillard G. Huntington, 1994. "Oil Price Forecasting in the 1980s: What Went Wrong?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-22.
- Fan, Ying & Liang, Qiang & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2008. "A generalized pattern matching approach for multi-step prediction of crude oil price," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 889-904, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coleman, Les, 2012. "Explaining crude oil prices using fundamental measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 318-324.
- repec:pal:marecl:v:19:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41278-016-0052-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ji, Qiang & Guo, Jian-Feng, 2015. "Oil price volatility and oil-related events: An Internet concern study perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 256-264.
- Yu, Lean & Wang, Zishu & Tang, Ling, 2015. "A decomposition–ensemble model with data-characteristic-driven reconstruction for crude oil price forecasting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 251-267.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:340-346 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jozef Baruník, Evzen Kocenda and Lukáa Vácha, 2015.
"Volatility Spillovers Across Petroleum Markets,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Jozef Barunik & Evzen Kocenda & Lukas Vacha, 2014. "How does bad and good volatility spill over across petroleum markets?," Papers 1405.2445, arXiv.org.
- Jozef Baruni & Evzen Kocenda & Lukas Vacha, 2015. "Volatility spillovers across petroleum markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1093, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Chen, Hao & Liao, Hua & Tang, Bao-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"Impacts of OPEC's political risk on the international crude oil prices: An empirical analysis based on the SVAR models,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 42-49.
- Hao Chen & Hua Liao & Bao-Jun Tang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2016. "Impacts of OPEC's political risk on the international crude oil prices: An empirical analysis based on the SVAR models," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 96, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Ju, Keyi & Su, Bin & Zhou, Dequn & Zhang, Yuqiang, 2016. "An incentive-oriented early warning system for predicting the co-movements between oil price shocks and macroeconomy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 452-463.
- Liu, Li & Wan, Jieqiu, 2011. "A study of correlations between crude oil spot and futures markets: A rolling sample test," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(21), pages 3754-3766.
- repec:eco:journ2:2018-02-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Xuan & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Hao, Xiaoqing & Liu, Pengpeng, 2015. "Multiresolution transmission of the correlation modes between bivariate time series based on complex network theory," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 428(C), pages 493-506.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:126:y:2018:i:c:p:271-283 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ju, Keyi & Zhou, Dequn & Zhou, P. & Wu, Junmin, 2014. "Macroeconomic effects of oil price shocks in China: An empirical study based on Hilbert–Huang transform and event study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1053-1066.
- repec:pal:marecl:v:19:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1057_s41278-016-0050-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:apjorx:v:34:y:2017:i:02:n:s021759591740019x is not listed on IDEAS
- Martina, Esteban & Rodriguez, Eduardo & Escarela-Perez, Rafael & Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose, 2011. "Multiscale entropy analysis of crude oil price dynamics," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 936-947, September.
- Su, Chi-Wei & Li, Zheng-Zheng & Chang, Hsu-Ling & Lobonţ, Oana-Ramona, 2017. "When Will Occur the Crude Oil Bubbles?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 1-6.
- Geng, Jiang-Bo & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2016. "The behaviour mechanism analysis of regional natural gas prices: A multi-scale perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 266-277.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2299-:d:122514 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:617-629 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:206:y:2017:i:c:p:1564-1578 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Liwei & Pan, Sijia & Li, Zimin & Li, Huiping, 2016. "An ICA-based support vector regression scheme for forecasting crude oil prices," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 245-253.
- Ju, Keyi & Su, Bin & Zhou, Dequn & Wu, Junmin & Liu, Lifan, 2016. "Macroeconomic performance of oil price shocks: Outlier evidence from nineteen major oil-related countries/regions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 325-332.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:98-110 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCrude oil price Event analysis Empirical mode decomposition Impact of extreme events;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:31:y:2009:i:5:p:768-778. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.