The impact of digital channel distribution on the experience goods industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanjay Jain, 2008. "Digital Piracy: A Competitive Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 610-626, 07-08.
- Ramnath K. Chellappa & Shivendu Shivendu, 2005. "Managing Piracy: Pricing and Sampling Strategies for Digital Experience Goods in Vertically Segmented Markets," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 16(4), pages 400-417, December.
- Yannis Bakos & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999.
"Bundling Information Goods: Pricing, Profits, and Efficiency,"
INFORMS, vol. 45(12), pages 1613-1630, December.
- Yannis Bakos & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1997. "Bundling Information Goods: Pricing, Profits and Efficiency," Working Paper Series 199, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Nanda Kumar & Ranran Ruan, 2006. "On manufacturers complementing the traditional retail channel with a direct online channel," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 289-323, September.
- Glen, Andrew G. & Leemis, Lawrence M. & Drew, John H., 2004. "Computing the distribution of the product of two continuous random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 451-464, January.
- Huang, Wei & Swaminathan, Jayashankar M., 2009. "Introduction of a second channel: Implications for pricing and profits," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 258-279, April.
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005. "Log-concave probability and its applications," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, August.
- Khouja, Moutaz & Smith, Michael Alan, 2007. "Optimal pricing for information goods with piracy and saturation effect," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 482-497, January.
- Tomak, Kerem & Keskin, Tayfun, 2008. "Exploring the trade-off between immediate gratification and delayed network externalities in the consumption of information goods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 887-902, June.
- Dumrongsiri, Aussadavut & Fan, Ming & Jain, Apurva & Moinzadeh, Kamran, 2008. "A supply chain model with direct and retail channels," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 691-718, June.
- Wei-yu Kevin Chiang & Dilip Chhajed & James D. Hess, 2003. "Direct Marketing, Indirect Profits: A Strategic Analysis of Dual-Channel Supply-Chain Design," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(1), pages 1-20, January.
- William James Adams & Janet L. Yellen, 1976. "Commodity Bundling and the Burden of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(3), pages 475-498.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:1:p:328-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1284-:d:142491 is not listed on IDEAS
- Waters, James, 2015. "Welfare implications of piracy with dynamic pricing and heterogeneous consumers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 904-911.
- Matsui, Kenji, 2017. "When should a manufacturer set its direct price and wholesale price in dual-channel supply chains?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(2), pages 501-511.
- Haruvy, Ernan E. & Li, Tao & Sethi, Suresh P., 2012. "Two-stage pricing for custom-made products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 405-414.
- Liu, Zhiyong & Li, Minqiang & Kou, Jisong, 2015. "Selling information products: Sale channel selection and versioning strategy with network externality," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 1-10.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:85:y:2018:i:c:p:209-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters, Ronald & Yang, Michael S., 2018.
"Piracy on the Internet: Accommodate it or fight it? A dynamic approach,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 266(1), pages 328-339.
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters Ronald & Yang Michael S., 2009. "Piracy on the internet: Accommodate it or fight it? A dynamic approach," Research Memorandum 034, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Matsui, Kenji, 2016. "Asymmetric product distribution between symmetric manufacturers using dual-channel supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 646-657.
More about this item
KeywordsMarketing E-commerce Channel selection Pricing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:207:y:2010:i:1:p:481-491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.