Model averaging based on leave-subject-out cross-validation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuan, Zheng & Yang, Yuhong, 2005. "Combining Linear Regression Models: When and How?," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1202-1214, December.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- A. Antoniadis, 1997. "Wavelets in statistics: A review," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 6(2), pages 97-130, August.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521780506.
- J. Fan & J.-T. Zhang, 2000. "Two-step estimation of functional linear models with applications to longitudinal data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(2), pages 303-322.
- Cheng, Xu & Hansen, Bruce E., 2015.
"Forecasting with factor-augmented regression: A frequentist model averaging approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 280-293.
- Xu Cheng & Bruce E. Hansen, 2012. "Forecasting with Factor-Augmented Regression: A Frequentist Model Averaging Approach," PIER Working Paper Archive 12-046, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Xinyu Zhang & Guohua Zou & Hua Liang, 2014. "Model averaging and weight choice in linear mixed-effects models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 101(1), pages 205-218.
- Zhongyi Zhu & Wing K. Fung & Xuming He, 2008. "On the asymptotics of marginal regression splines with longitudinal data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(4), pages 907-917.
- Liu, Chu-An, 2015.
"Distribution theory of the least squares averaging estimator,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 142-159.
- Liu, Chu-An, 2013. "Distribution Theory of the Least Squares Averaging Estimator," MPRA Paper 54201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arellano, Manuel, 2003. "Panel Data Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245291.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521785167.
- Tomohiro Ando & Ker-Chau Li, 2014. "A Model-Averaging Approach for High-Dimensional Regression," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 109(505), pages 254-265, March.
- Zhang, Xinyu & Wan, Alan T.K. & Zou, Guohua, 2013. "Model averaging by jackknife criterion in models with dependent data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 82-94.
- Yang Y., 2001. "Adaptive Regression by Mixing," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 574-588, June.
- Gerda Claeskens & Tatyana Krivobokova & Jean D. Opsomer, 2009. "Asymptotic properties of penalized spline estimators," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(3), pages 529-544.
- Ganggang Xu & Suojin Wang & Jianhua Z. Huang, 2014. "Focused information criterion and model averaging based on weighted composite quantile regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 41(2), pages 365-381, June.
- Jianqing Fan, 1997. "Comments on «Wavelets in statistics: A review» by A. Antoniadis," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 6(2), pages 131-138, August.
- Hansen, Bruce E. & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2012. "Jackknife model averaging," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 167(1), pages 38-46.
- Liang, Hua & Zou, Guohua & Wan, Alan T. K. & Zhang, Xinyu, 2011. "Optimal Weight Choice for Frequentist Model Average Estimators," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 106(495), pages 1053-1066.
- repec:taf:jnlbes:v:30:y:2012:i:1:p:132-142 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruce E. Hansen, 2007. "Least Squares Model Averaging," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(4), pages 1175-1189, July.
- Inyoung Kim & Noah D. Cohen & Raymond J. Carroll, 2003. "Semiparametric Regression Splines in Matched Case-Control Studies," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1158-1169, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhao, Shangwei & Zhou, Jianhong & Li, Hongjun, 2016. "Model averaging with high-dimensional dependent data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 68-71.
- Shou-Yung Yin & Chu-An Liu & Chang-Ching Lin, 2016. "Focused Information Criterion and Model Averaging for Large Panels with a Multifactor Error Structure," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 16-A016, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymptotic optimality; Leave-subject-out cross-validation; Longitudinal data; Model averaging; Time series;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:192:y:2016:i:1:p:139-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.