We consider properties of estimators that can be written as vector lattice (Riesz space) operations. Using techniques widely used in economic theory, we study the approximation properties of these estimators. We also provide two algorithms RIESZVAR(i-ii) for consistent parametric estimation of continuous multivariate piecewise linear functions.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Polyrakis, Yiannis A. & Tourky, Rabee, 2002. "The cheapest hedge," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 269-295, July.
- C. D. Aliprantis & D. Brown & J. Werner, 1999.
"Minimum-Cost Portfolio Insurance,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
599, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Hansen, B.E., 1991.
"Inference when a Nuisance Parameter is Not Identified Under the Null Hypothesis,"
RCER Working Papers
296, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1996. "Inference When a Nuisance Parameter Is Not Identified under the Null Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 413-30, March.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 1997.
"Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing and inference,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
365, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1999. "Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing, and inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 345-368, December.
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1967. "The Approximation of Fixed Points of a Continuous Mapping," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 216R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Harris, David & Tourky, Rabee, 2006. "Continuous Piecewise Linear Functions," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 77-99, February.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & Brown, D. J. & Polyrakis, I. A. & Werner, J., 1998.
"Portfolio dominance and optimality in infinite security markets,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 347-366, October.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & D. J. Brown & I. A. Polyrakis & J. Werner, 1996. "Portfolio Dominance and Optimality in Infinite Security Markets," Discussion Paper Serie B 383, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Gonzalo, Jesus & Pitarakis, Jean-Yves, 2002. "Estimation and model selection based inference in single and multiple threshold models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 319-352, October.
- Donald J. Brown & Stephen A. Ross, 1988.
"Spanning, Valuation and Options,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
873, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shannon, Chris, 1995. "Weak and Strong Monotone Comparative Statics," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 209-27, March.
- Milgrom, P. & Shannon, C., 1991.
"Monotone Comparative Statics,"
11, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1978. "The Bilinear Complementarity Problem and Competitive Equilibria of Piecewise Linear Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 87-103, January.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1976. "Options and Efficiency," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 75-89, February.
- Hansen, Bruce E. & Seo, Byeongseon, 2002.
"Testing for two-regime threshold cointegration in vector error-correction models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 293-318, October.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Hansen/Seo paper on threshold cointegration," Statistical Software Components RTZ00092, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:136:y:2007:i:2:p:431-456. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.