Urban income inequality in China revisited (1988-2002)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sylvie Démurger & Martin Fournier & Shi Li, 2006. "Urban income inequality in China revisited, 1988-2002," Post-Print halshs-00372106, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brandt, Loren & Holz, Carsten A, 2006.
"Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, pages 43-86.
- Loren Brandt & Carsten A. Holz, 2006. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 43-86.
- Loren Brandt & Carsten Holz, 2005. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Microeconomics 0512001, EconWPA.
- Loren BRANDT & Carsten A HOLZ, 2005. "Spatial Price Differences in China: Estimates and Implications," Development and Comp Systems 0504010, EconWPA.
- Alwyn Young, 2000. "The Razor's Edge: Distortions and Incremental Reform in the People's Republic of China," NBER Working Papers 7828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren & Giles, John, 2005.
"The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(4), pages 769-824, July.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2003. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," Working Papers benjamin-04-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2004. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-654, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Khan, Azizur Rahman & Riskin, Carl, 2001. "Inequality and Poverty in China in the Age of Globalization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195136494.
- Alwyn Young, 2000. "The Razor's Edge: Distortions and Incremental Reform in the People's Republic of China," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1091-1135.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wang, Yue & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2017.
"The Great Chinese Inequality Turnaround,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10635, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wang, Yue & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2017. "The Great Chinese Inequality Turnaround," CEPR Discussion Papers 11892, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wang, Yue & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2017. "The great Chinese inequality turnaround," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2017, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wang, Yue & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2017. "The great Chinese inequality turnaround," IFPRI discussion papers 1637, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ravi Kanbur & Yue Wang & Xiaobo Zhang, 2017. "The great Chinese inequality turnaround," Working Papers 433, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Alexandra SCHAFFAR, 2008. "Regional Income Inequality And Urbanisation Trends In China: 1978-2005," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 87-110.
- Lee, Jongchul, 2013. "A provincial perspective on income inequality in urban China and the role of property and business income," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 140-150.
- Qu, Zhaopeng (Frank) & Zhao, Zhong, 2008. "Urban-Rural Consumption Inequality in China from 1988 to 2002: Evidence from Quantile Regression Decomposition," IZA Discussion Papers 3659, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Khor, Niny & Pencavel, John, 2008. "Measuring Income Mobility, Income Inequality, and Social Welfare for Households of the People’s Republic of China," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 145, Asian Development Bank.
- Jing Liu & Shi Li, 2011. "Changes in Consumption Inequality in China," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 201111, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Carlos Rodriguez-Castelan & Luis F. Lopez-Calva & Nora Lustig & Daniel Valderrama, 2016.
"Understanding the Dynamics of Labor Income Inequality in Latin America,"
1608, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Rodriguez Castelan,Carlos & Lopez-Calva,Luis-Felipe & Lustig,Nora & Valderrama,Daniel, 2016. "Understanding the dynamics of labor income inequality in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7795, The World Bank.
- Céline Bonnefond & Matthieu Clément, 2012.
"An analysis of income polarisation in rural and urban China,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 15-37, June.
- Céline BONNEFOND (GREThA, CNRS, UMR5113) & Matthieu CLEMENT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR5113), 2011. "An analysis of income polarization in rural and urban China," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-26, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Xin Meng & Chris Manning & Li Shi & Tadjuddin Nur Effendi (ed.), 2010. "The Great Migration," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13619, April.
- Lee, Jongchul, 2013. "Income Inequality In Urban China And The Role Of State Sector," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 54(2), pages 159-176, December.
- Qinghua Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 2012. "Regional Inequality in Contemporary China," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(1), pages 113-137, May.
- Jin Xu & Dongmin Kong, 2015. "Understanding The Household Consumption Behavior In Urban China," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 60(05), pages 1-21, December.
- Wai-Yip Alex Ho & Chun-Yu Ho, 2016. "Inflation, Financial Developments, and Wealth Distribution," IMF Working Papers 16/132, International Monetary Fund.
- Castro Campos, Bente & Ren, Yanjun & Petrick, Martin, 2016. "The impact of education on income inequality between ethnic minorities and Han in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 253-267.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:93:y:2006:i:3:p:354-359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.