More on the correct use of omnibus tests for normality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael P. Clements, 2004. "Evaluating the Bank of England Density Forecasts of Inflation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(498), pages 844-866, October.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003.
"On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1075-1090, September.
- Cabral, Luís M B & Mata, José, 2001. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 3045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Abdeljelil Farhat & Lucien Gardiol & Lynda Khalaf, 1998.
"Simulation-based finite sample normality tests in linear regressions,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 1(Conferenc), pages 154-173.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie & FARHAT, Abdeljelil & GARDIOL, Lucien, 1998. "Simulation-Based Finite-Sample Normality Tests in Linear Regressions," Cahiers de recherche 9811, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- De Vany, Arthur S. & Walls, W. David, 2004. "Motion picture profit, the stable Paretian hypothesis, and the curse of the superstar," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1035-1057, March.
- Onder, A. Ozlem & Zaman, Asad, 2005. "Robust tests for normality of errors in regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 63-68, January.
- Joseph Atwood & Saleem Shaik & Myles Watts, 2003. "Are Crop Yields Normally Distributed? A Reexamination," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 888-901.
- Urzua, Carlos M., 1996. "On the correct use of omnibus tests for normality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 247-251, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Mogens Fosgerau, 2009.
"Neoclassical versus Frontier Production Models? Testing for the Skewness of Regression Residuals,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(2), pages 351-367, June.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2009. "Neoclassical versus frontier production models? Testing for the skewness of regression residuals," MPRA Paper 24208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Coin, Daniele, 2008. "A goodness-of-fit test for normality based on polynomial regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 2185-2198, January.
- Shalit, Haim, 2012. "Using OLS to test for normality," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(11), pages 2050-2058.
- Hui, Wallace & Gel, Yulia R. & Gastwirth, Joseph L., 2008. "lawstat: An R Package for Law, Public Policy and Biostatistics," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 28(i03).
- Saleem Shaik & Sanjoy Bhattacharjee, 2016. "Hierarchical crop yield linear model," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 219-231, July.
- Shigekazu Nakagawa & Hiroki Hashiguchi & Naoto Niki, 2012. "Improved omnibus test statistic for normality," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 299-317, June.
- Aldo Goia & Ernesto Salinelli & Pascal Sarda, 2015. "A new powerful version of the BUS test of normality," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 24(3), pages 449-474, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:90:y:2006:i:3:p:304-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .