The coefficient of variation, stochastic dominance and inequality: A new interpretation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Levy, Frank & Murnane, Richard J, 1992. "U.S. Earnings Levels and Earnings Inequality: A Review of Recent Trends and Proposed Explanations," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1333-1381, September.
- Maria Cancian & Deborah Reed, 1998. "Assessing The Effects Of Wives' Earnings On Family Income Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 73-79, February.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1971. "A General Definition of the Lorenz Curve," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(6), pages 1037-1039, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stilianos Alexiadis & Konstantinos Eleftheriou, 2011. "A note on the relation between inter-regional inequality and economic efficiency: evidence from the US states," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 37-44, March.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "A Review of Decomposition of Income Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 1221, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zheng, Buhong & J. Cushing, Brian, 2001. "Statistical inference for testing inequality indices with dependent samples," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 315-335, April.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Sahn, David E. & Younger, Stephen D., 2011.
"Partial multidimensional inequality orderings,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 225-238.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Paul Makdissi, 2004.
"Restricted and Unrestricted Dominance for Welfare, Inequality, and Poverty Orderings,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 6(1), pages 145-164, February.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Makdissi, Paul, 2000. "Restricted and Unrestricted Dominance for Welfare, Inequality and Poverty Orderings," Cahiers de recherche 0001, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Makdissi, Paul, 2003. "Restricted and Unrestricted Dominance for Welfare, Inequality and Poverty Orderings," Cahiers de recherche 0303, CIRPEE.
- Bossmann, Martin & Kleiber, Christian & Walde, Klaus, 2007.
"Bequests, taxation and the distribution of wealth in a general equilibrium model,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(7-8), pages 1247-1271, August.
- Sexauer, Martin & Kleiber, Christian & Wälde, Klaus, 2005. "Bequests, taxation and the distribution of wealth in a general equilibrium model," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 61, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Christian Kleiber & Martin Sexauer & Klaus Wälde, 2006. "Bequests, Taxation and the Distribution of Wealth in a General Equilibrium Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 1723, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alexiadis, Stilianos & Eleftheriou, Konstantinos, 2010. "The ‘Trade-off’ between Spatial Equity and Economic Efficiency Revisited: Evidence from the US States," MPRA Paper 24372, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Breunig, Robert, 2001. "An almost unbiased estimator of the coefficient of variation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 15-19, January.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Paul Makdissi, 2000. "Restricted and Unrestricted Dominance Welfare, Inequality and Povery Orderings," Cahiers de recherche 00-01, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:62:y:1999:i:3:p:319-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.