How burning money requires a lot of rationality to be effective
This paper proposes an extension of the valuation equilibrium concept (Jehiel and Samet, 2007), which partly endogenises the underlying grouping of actions. The effect on equilibrium predictions is illustrated in a burning money game.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ariel Rubinstein, 1997.
"Finite automata play the repeated prisioners dilemma,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1639, David K. Levine.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1986. "Finite automata play the repeated prisoner's dilemma," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 83-96, June.
- Huck, Steffen & Muller, Wieland, 2005.
"Burning money and (pseudo) first-mover advantages: an experimental study on forward induction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 109-127, April.
- Huck, S. & Müller, W., 2005. "Burning money and (pseudo) first-mover advantages : An experimental study on forward induction," Other publications TiSEM 572509ab-51a9-4b52-837d-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Philippe Jehiel & Dov Samet, 2006.
784828000000000111, UCLA Department of Economics.
- van Damme, E.E.C., 1989.
"Stable equilibria and forward induction,"
Other publications TiSEM
bd598a8f-f017-4cab-a9ed-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Wichardt, Philipp C., 2012. "Existence of valuation equilibria when equilibrium strategies cannot differentiate between equal ties," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 709-713.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-171348 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:115:y:2012:i:1:p:111-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.