Unemployment benefits crowd out nascent entrepreneurial activity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Koellinger, Ph.D. & Minniti, M., 2008. "Unemployment Benefits Crowd Out Nascent Entrepreneurial Activity," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-012-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Reynolds & Niels Bosma & Erkko Autio & Steve Hunt & Natalie De Bono & Isabel Servais & Paloma Lopez-Garcia & Nancy Chin, 2005. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Data Collection Design and Implementation 1998–2003," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 205-231, February.
- André van Stel & Peter Brouwer & Sander Wennekers & Jolanda Hessels, 2007. "Social security arrangements and early-stage entrepreneurial activity," Scales Research Reports H200708, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Simon C. Parker & Martin T. Robson, 2004. "Explaining International Variations in Self-Employment: Evidence from a Panel of OECD Countries," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 287-301, October.
- Philipp Koellinger, 2008.
"Why are some entrepreneurs more innovative than others?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 21-37, June.
- Koellinger, Ph.D., 2007. "Why Are Some Entrepreneurs More Innovative Than Others?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-024-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Stenkula, Mikael, 2009. "Entrepreneurship and Public Policy," Working Paper Series 804, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Ferrante, Francesco & Ruiu, Gabiele, 2014. "Entrepreneurship. How important are institutions and culturally-based prior beliefs?," MPRA Paper 41915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hamid Beladi & Saibal Kar, 2014. "Unemployment Benefits and Entrepreneurship," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 122-128, March.
- repec:gem:wpaper:1201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Fossen, Frank M., 2018.
"Opportunity versus Necessity Entrepreneurship: Two Components of Business Creation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11258, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert W. Fairlie & Frank M. Fossen, 2018. "Opportunity versus Necessity Entrepreneurship: Two Components of Business Creation," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 959, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Robert W. Fairlie & Frank M. Fossen, 2018. "Opportunity versus Necessity Entrepreneurship: Two Components of Business Creation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1723, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Frank Fossen, 2018. "Opportunity versus Necessity Entrepreneurship: Two Components of Business Creation," CESifo Working Paper Series 6854, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ruta Aidis & Saul Estrin & Tomasz Mickiewicz, 2012.
"Size matters: entrepreneurial entry and government,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 119-139, July.
- Aidis, Ruta & Estrin, Saul & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2010. "Size Matters: Entrepreneurial Entry and Government," IZA Discussion Papers 5052, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Herrera-Echeverri Hernán & Haar Jerry & Estevez-Bretón Juan Benavides, 2014. "Foreign Investment, Institutional Quality, Public Expenditure, and Activity of Venture Capital Funds in Emerging Market Countries," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-36, April.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:49:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9857-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roy Thurik, 2014.
"Entrepreneurship and the business cycle,"
IZA World of Labor,
Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-90, October.
- Hernán Herrera Echeverri & Haar, Jerry & Juan Benavides Estévez-Bretón, 2013. "Foreign Investment, Institutional Quality, Public Expenditure And Activity Of Venture Capital Funds In Emerging Countries," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 011808, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Tyrowicz, Joanna, 2011. "What distinguishes entrepreneurs? Evidence on the motives for self-employment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 226-229, September.
- Claudia Álvarez & David Urbano & José Amorós, 2014. "GEM research: achievements and challenges," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 445-465, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship Business startups Unemployment benefits;
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:103:y:2009:i:2:p:96-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.