Deterministic heterogeneity in tastes and product differentiation in the K-logit model
In this paper we use the K-deformed multinomial logit model to study product differentiation. The focus is on the economic interpretation of the deformation parameter which is the key parameter of this model. Then we establish the relationship between this parameter and probability choice, price elasticity and markup.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rajaonarison, Dominique & Bolduc, Denis & Jayet, Hubert, 2005. "The K-deformed multinomial logit model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 13-20, January.
- McFadden, Daniel L., 2000.
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
2000-6, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Perloff, Jeffrey M & Salop, Steven C, 1985.
"Equilibrium with Product Differentiation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 107-20, January.
- Perloff, Jeffrey M & Salop, Steven, 1984. "Equilibrium with product differentiation," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4cq0m6s3, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Kaniadakis, G., 2001. "Non-linear kinetics underlying generalized statistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 296(3), pages 405-425.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:100:y:2008:i:3:p:396-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.