The local costs of establishing protected areas in low-income nations: Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shyamsundar, Priya & Kramer, Randall A., 1996. "Tropical Forest Protection: An Empirical Analysis of the Costs Borne by Local People," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Norton-Griffiths, Michael & Southey, Clive, 1995. "The opportunity costs of biodiversity conservation in Kenya," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Azzoni, Carlos R. & Isai, Joao Y., 1994. "Estimating the costs of environmental protection in Brazil," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 127-133, November.
- Eli Berman & Linda T. M. Bui, 2001.
"Environmental Regulation And Productivity: Evidence From Oil Refineries,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 498-510, August.
- Eli Berman & Linda T.M. Bui, 1998. "Environmental Regulation and Productivity: Evidence from Oil Refineries," Papers 0091, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Eli Berman & Linda T.M. Bui, 1998. "Environmental Regulation and Productivity: Evidence from Oil Refineries," NBER Working Papers 6776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brandon, Katrina Eadie & Wells, Michael, 1992. "Planning for people and parks: Design dilemmas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 557-570, April.
- Ruitenbeek, H. Jack, 1992. "The rainforest supply price: a tool for evaluating rainforest conservation expenditures," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-78, July.
- Sabrina J. Lovell & David L. Sunding, 2001. "Voluntary Development Restrictions and the Cost of Habitat Conservation," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 191-206.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moser, Christine M., 2014. "Voter Response to Conservation Policies in Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 93-103.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:7:y:2014:i:c:p:98-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wendland, Kelly J. & Honzák, Miroslav & Portela, Rosimeiry & Vitale, Benjamin & Rubinoff, Samuel & Randrianarisoa, Jeannicq, 2010. "Targeting and implementing payments for ecosystem services: Opportunities for bundling biodiversity conservation with carbon and water services in Madagascar," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2093-2107, September.
- Järv Henri & Kliimask Jaak & Ward Raymond & Sepp Kalev, 2016. "Socioeconomic Impacts of Protection Status on Residents of National Parks," European Countryside, De Gruyter Open, vol. 8(2), pages 67-85, June.
- Rakotonarivo, O. Sarobidy & Jacobsen, Jette B. & Larsen, Helle O. & Jones, Julia P.G. & Nielsen, Martin R. & Ramamonjisoa, Bruno S. & Mandimbiniaina, Rina H. & Hockley, Neal, 2017. "Qualitative and Quantitative Evidence on the True Local Welfare Costs of Forest Conservation in Madagascar: Are Discrete Choice Experiments a Valid ex ante Tool?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 478-491.
- Sims, Katharine R.E., 2010. "Conservation and development: Evidence from Thai protected areas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 94-114, September.
- Albers, Heidi J. & Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z., 2007. "Spatial-temporal aspects of cost-benefit analysis for park management: An example from Khao Yai National Park, Thailand," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 129-150, August.
- Andam, Kwaw S. & Ferraro, Paul J. & Holland, Margaret B., 2009. "What are the social impacts of land use restrictions on local communities? Empirical evidence from Costa Rica," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51783, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hrabanski, Marie & Bidaud, Cécile & Le Coq, Jean-François & Méral, Philippe, 2013. "Environmental NGOs, policy entrepreneurs of market-based instruments for ecosystem services? A comparison of Costa Rica, Madagascar and France," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 124-132.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:3:y:2013:i:c:p:e32-e39 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kashwan, Prakash, 2017. "Inequality, democracy, and the environment: A cross-national analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 139-151.
- Desbureaux, Sébastien & Brimont, Laura, 2015. "Between economic loss and social identity: The multi-dimensional cost of avoiding deforestation in Eastern Madagascar," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 10-20.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:105:y:2018:i:c:p:107-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mackenzie, Catrina A., 2012. "Accruing benefit or loss from a protected area: Location matters," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 119-129.
- Ngigi, Marther W. & Okello, Julius J., 2013. "Gender differentiated motivation for coastal forest conservation: the case of Lower Tana River Forest," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161467, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:43:y:2002:i:2-3:p:261-275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.