Environmental Regulation and Productivity: Evidence from Oil Refineries
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Eli Berman & Linda T. M. Bui, 2001. "Environmental Regulation And Productivity: Evidence From Oil Refineries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 498-510, August.
- Eli Berman & Linda T.M. Bui, 1998. "Environmental Regulation and Productivity: Evidence from Oil Refineries," NBER Working Papers 6776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berman, Eli & Bui, Linda T. M., 2001.
"Environmental regulation and labor demand: evidence from the South Coast Air Basin,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 265-295, February.
- Eli Berman & Linda T. Bui, 1997. "Environmental Regulation and Labor Demand: Evidence from the South Coast Air Basin," Papers 0082, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Berman, E. & Bui, L.T., 1997. "Environmental Regulation and Labor demand: Evidence from the South Coast Air Basin," Papers 82, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Peter J. Wilcoxen, 1990. "Environmental Regulation and U.S. Economic Growth," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(2), pages 314-340, Summer.
- Christainsen, Gregory B. & Haveman, Robert H., 1981. "The contribution of environmental regulations to the slowdown in productivity growth," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 381-390, December.
- Roberts, Mark J. & Supina, Dylan, 1996. "Output price, markups, and producer size," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 909-921, April.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, October.
- Gollop, Frank M & Roberts, Mark J, 1983.
"Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 654-674, August.
- Frank M. Gollop & Mark J. Roberts, 1982. "Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 114, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Barbera, Anthony J. & McConnell, Virginia D., 1990. "The impact of environmental regulations on industry productivity: Direct and indirect effects," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 50-65, January.
- Hahn, Robert W, 1989. "Economic Prescriptions for Environmental Problems: How the Patient Followed the Doctor's Orders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 95-114, Spring.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe, 2001.
"Productivité et réglementation environnementale: une analyse de l'hypothèse de Porter,"
Cahiers de recherche
0107, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe, 2001. "Productivité et réglementation environnementale: une analyse de l'hypothèse de Porter," Cahiers de recherche 0104, GREEN.
- Dietrich Earnhart & Dylan G. Rassier, 2016. "“Effective regulatory stringency” and firms’ profitability: the effects of effluent limits and government monitoring," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 111-145, October.
- Pizer, William A. & Kopp, Raymond, 2005. "Calculating the Costs of Environmental Regulation," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 25, pages 1307-1351, Elsevier.
- Diana M. Burton & Irma A. Gomez & H. Alan Love, 2011. "Environmental Regulation Cost and Industry Structure Changes," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(3), pages 545-557.
- Chabowski, Brian & Chiang, Wen-Chyuan & Deng, Kailing & Sun, Li, 2019. "Environmental inefficiency and bond credit rating," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 17-37.
- Conchita Ayerbe & Carmen Górriz, 2001. "The Effects of Environmental Regulations on the Productivity of Large Companies: An Empirical Analysis of the Spanish Case," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 5(2), pages 129-152, June.
- Morgenstern, Richard D. & Pizer, William A. & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 2002.
"Jobs Versus the Environment: An Industry-Level Perspective,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 412-436, May.
- Pizer, William & Morgenstern, Richard & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 1999. "Jobs Versus the Environment: An Industry-level Perspective," Discussion Papers dp-99-01-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Morgenstern, Richard D. & Pizer, William A. & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 2000. "Jobs Versus the Environment: An Industry-level Perspective," Discussion Papers 10526, Resources for the Future.
- Rassier, Dylan G. & Earnhart, Dietrich, 2015. "Effects of environmental regulation on actual and expected profitability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 129-140.
- Eli Berman & Linda T. Bui, 1997. "band Labor Demand: Evidence from the South Coast Air Basin," NBER Working Papers 6299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce Domazlicky & William Weber, 2004. "Does Environmental Protection Lead to Slower Productivity Growth in the Chemical Industry?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(3), pages 301-324, July.
- Adam B. Jaffe et al., 1995. "Environmental Regulation and the Competitiveness of U.S. Manufacturing: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 132-163, March.
- Si, Shuyang & Lyu, Mingjie & Lin Lawell, C.-Y. Cynthia & Chen, Song, 2021. "The effects of environmental policies in China on GDP, output, and profits," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Anabel Zárate-Marco & Jaime Vallés-Giménez, 2015. "Environmental tax and productivity in a decentralized context: new findings on the Porter hypothesis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 313-339, October.
- Telle, Kjetil & Larsson, Jan, 2007. "Do environmental regulations hamper productivity growth? How accounting for improvements of plants' environmental performance can change the conclusion," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 438-445, March.
- Karvonen, Minna-Maari, 2001. "Natural versus manufactured capital: win-lose or win-win? A case study of the Finnish pulp and paper industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 71-85, April.
- Bhattacharyya, Chandril & Ranjan Gupta, Manash, 2021.
"Unionised labour market, environment and endogenous growth,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 29-44.
- Bhattacharyya, Chandril & Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 2014. "Unionised labour market, environment and endogenous growth," MPRA Paper 55416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Opaluch, James J. & Jin, Di & Grigalunas, Thomas A., 2006. "Stochastic frontier analysis of total factor productivity in the offshore oil and gas industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 204-215, November.
- Giovanni Marin & Francesca Lotti, 2017.
"Productivity effects of eco-innovations using data on eco-patents,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 125-148.
- Francesca Lotti & Giovanni Marin, 2015. "Productivity Effects of Eco-innovations Using Data on Eco-patents," SEEDS Working Papers 1715, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Sep 2015.
- Giovanni Marin & Francesca Lotti, 2016. "Productivity effects of eco-innovations using data on eco-patents," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1065, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Kennedy, Peter, 1994. "Innovation stochastique et coût de la réglementation environnementale," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 70(2), pages 199-209, juin.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Eri Nakamura, 2017. "How do governance factors affect inefficiency? Stochastic frontier analysis of public utility firms in Japan," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(3), pages 267-289, September.
More about this item
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:bostin:0091. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ispbuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.