The ecological, economic, and social importance of the oceans
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Norton, Bryan & Costanza, Robert & Bishop, Richard C., 1998. "The evolution of preferences: Why 'sovereign' preferences may not lead to sustainable policies and what to do about it," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 193-211, February.
- Young, Michael D., 1999. "The design of fishing-right systems -- the NSW experience," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 305-316, November.
- James M. Buchanan, 1954. "Social Choice, Democracy, and Free Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 114-114.
- Sen, Amartya, 1995. "Rationality and Social Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 1-24, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boesch, Donald F., 1999. "The role of science in ocean governance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-198, November.
- Kahmann, Birte & Stumpf, Klara Helene & Baumgärtner, Stefan, 2015. "Notions of justice held by stakeholders of the Newfoundland fishery," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 37-50.
- Costanza, Robert & Andrade, Francisco & Antunes, Paula & van den Belt, Marjan & Boesch, Don & Boersma, Dee & Catarino, Fernando & Hanna, Susan & Limburg, Karin & Low, Bobbi, 1999. "Ecological economics and sustainable governance of the oceans," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 171-187, November.
- Guest, Haley & Lotze, Heike K. & Wallace, Douglas, 2015. "Youth and the sea: Ocean literacy in Nova Scotia, Canada," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 98-107.
- Martinez, M.L. & Intralawan, A. & Vazquez, G. & Perez-Maqueo, O. & Sutton, P. & Landgrave, R., 2007. "The coasts of our world: Ecological, economic and social importance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 254-272, August.
- Bremer, Scott, 2014. "‘No right to rubbish’: Mobilising post-normal science for planning Gisborne’s wastewater outfall," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 22-30.
- Eric Vaz & Lisa Bowman, 2013. "An Application for Regional Coastal Erosion Processes in Urban Areas: A Case Study of the Golden Horseshoe in Canada," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(4), pages 1-14, November.
- Davis, Derrin & Gartside, Donald F., 2001. "Challenges for economic policy in sustainable management of marine natural resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 223-236, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1138-:d:102897 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:31:y:1999:i:2:p:199-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.