Ecological Restoration of a Coastal Wetland at a Mass Tourism Destination. Will the Recreational Value Increase or Decrease?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lankia, Tuija & Huhtala, Anni, 2011. "Valuation of Trips to Second Homes in the Country: Do Environmental Attributes Matter?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114405, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Turner, R. Kerry & van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M. & Soderqvist, Tore & Barendregt, Aat & van der Straaten, Jan & Maltby, Edward & van Ierland, Ekko C., 2000. "Ecological-economic analysis of wetlands: scientific integration for management and policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 7-23, October.
- Yongsik Jeon & Joseph Herriges, 2010.
"Convergent Validity of Contingent Behavior Responses in Models of Recreation Demand,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 223-250, February.
- Jeon, Yongsik & Herriges, Joseph A., 2005. "Convergent Validity of Contingent Behavior Responses in Models of Recreation Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12473, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lienhoop, Nele & Ansmann, Till, 2011. "Valuing water level changes in reservoirs using two stated preference approaches: An exploration of validity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1250-1258, May.
- Alberini, Anna & Zanatta, Valentina & Rosato, Paolo, 2007.
"Combining actual and contingent behavior to estimate the value of sports fishing in the Lagoon of Venice,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 530-541, March.
- Anna Alberini & Valentina Zanatta & Paolo Rosato, 2005. "Combining Actual and Contingent Behavior to Estimate the Value of Sports Fishing in the Lagoon of Venice," Working Papers 2005.44, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ovaskainen, Ville & Neuvonen, Marjo & Pouta, Eija, 2012. "Modelling recreation demand with respondent-reported driving cost and stated cost of travel time: A Finnish case," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 303-317.
- John Whitehead & Daniel Phaneuf & Christopher Dumas & Jim Herstine & Jeffery Hill & Bob Buerger, 2010.
"Convergent Validity of Revealed and Stated Recreation Behavior with Quality Change: A Comparison of Multiple and Single Site Demands,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 91-112, January.
- John C. Whitehead & Daniel Phaneuf & Christopher F. Dumas & Jim Herstine & Jeffrey Hill & Bob Buerger, 2007. "Convergent Validity of Revealed and Stated Recreation Behavior with Quality Change: A Comparison of Multiple and Single Site Demands," Working Papers 07-17, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2008.
- Peter P. Caulkins & Richard C. Bishop & Nicolaas W. Bouwes, 1986. "The Travel Cost Model for Lake Recreation: A Comparison of Two Methods for Incorporating Site Quality and Substitution Effects," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(2), pages 291-297.
- Milon, J. Walter & Scrogin, David, 2006. "Latent preferences and valuation of wetland ecosystem restoration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 162-175, February.
- Joe Amoako-Tuffour & Roberto Martínez-Espiñeira, 2012. "Leisure and the net opportunity cost of travel time in recreation demand analysis: An application to Gros Morne National Park," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 15, pages 25-49, May.
- Whitehead, John C. & Haab, Timothy C. & Huang, Ju-Chin, 2000.
"Measuring recreation benefits of quality improvements with revealed and stated behavior data,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 339-354, October.
- John C. Whitehead & Timothy C. Haab & Ju-Chin Huang, 1999. "Measuring Recreation Benefits of Quality Improvements with Revealed and Stated Behavior Data," Working Papers 9902, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Asah, Stanley T. & Guerry, Anne D. & Blahna, Dale J. & Lawler, Joshua J., 2014. "Perception, acquisition and use of ecosystem services: Human behavior, and ecosystem management and policy implications," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 180-186.
- V. Kerry Smith & Yoshiaki Kaoru, 1990. "Signals or Noise? Explaining the Variation in Recreation Benefit Estimates," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(2), pages 419-433.
- Loomis, John B., 1997. "Panel Estimators To Combine Revealed And Stated Preference Dichotomous Choice Data," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(2), pages 1-13, December.
- Nick Hanley & David Bell & Begona Alvarez-Farizo, 2003.
"Valuing the Benefits of Coastal Water Quality Improvements Using Contingent and Real Behaviour,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(3), pages 273-285, March.
- Nick Hanley & Begona Alvarez-Farizo, "undated". "Valuing the Benefits of Coastal Water Quality Improvements using Contingent and Real Behaviour," Working Papers 2002_9, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow, revised Sep 2002.
- Tengberg, Anna & Fredholm, Susanne & Eliasson, Ingegard & Knez, Igor & Saltzman, Katarina & Wetterberg, Ola, 2012. "Cultural ecosystem services provided by landscapes: Assessment of heritage values and identity," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 14-26.
- Beal, Diana J., 1995. "A Travel Cost Analysis of the Value of Carnarvon Gorge National Park for Recreational Use," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(02), pages 1-12, August.
- Iniesta-Arandia, Irene & García-Llorente, Marina & Aguilera, Pedro A. & Montes, Carlos & Martín-López, Berta, 2014. "Socio-cultural valuation of ecosystem services: uncovering the links between values, drivers of change, and human well-being," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 36-48.
- Michela Faccioli & Antoni Riera Font & Catalina M. Torres, 2014. "Valuing The Recreational Benefits Of Wetland Adaptation To Climate Change: A Trade-Off Between Species’ Abundance And Diversity," DEA Working Papers 64, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Frykblom, Peter & Liljenstolpe, Carolina, 2003. "Valuing wetland attributes: an application of choice experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 95-103, November.
- W. Douglass Shaw, 2002. "Testing the Validity of Contingent Behavior Trip Responses," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(2), pages 401-414.
- Chan, Kai M.A. & Satterfield, Terre & Goldstein, Joshua, 2012. "Rethinking ecosystem services to better address and navigate cultural values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 8-18.
- Chaikumbung, Mayula & Doucouliagos, Hristos & Scarborough, Helen, 2016.
"The economic value of wetlands in developing countries: A meta-regression analysis,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 164-174.
- Chaikumbung, Mayula & Doucouliagos, Hristos & Scarborough, Helen, 2015. "The economic value of wetlands in developing countries: a meta-regression analysis," Working Papers eco_2015_10, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Giergiczny, Marek & Kronenberg, Jakub & Tryjanowski, Piotr, 2014. "The economic recreational value of a white stork nesting colony: A case of ‘stork village’ in Poland," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 352-360.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaffar Aman & Jaffar Abbas & Shahid Mahmood & Mohammad Nurunnabi & Shaher Bano, 2019. "The Influence of Islamic Religiosity on the Perceived Socio-Cultural Impact of Sustainable Tourism Development in Pakistan: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-27, May.
- Hee Jeong Yun & Dong Jin Kang & Dong-Kap Kim & Youngeun Kang, 2019. "A GIS-Assisted Assessment and Attribute-Based Clustering of Forest Wetland Utility in South Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-17, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEcological restoration; Wetlands; Tourism; Contingent behavior; Travel cost; Ecosystem services;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:148:y:2018:i:c:p:1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.