The ecological economics of land degradation: Impacts on ecosystem service values
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Partha Dasgupta, 2008. "Nature in Economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Farley, Joshua & Costanza, Robert, 2002. "Envisioning shared goals for humanity: a detailed, shared vision of a sustainable and desirable USA in 2100," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 245-259, December.
- Turner, Katrine Grace & Anderson, Sharolyn & Gonzales-Chang, Mauricio & Costanza, Robert & Courville, Sasha & Dalgaard, Tommy & Dominati, Estelle & Kubiszewski, Ida & Ogilvy, Sue & Porfirio, Luciana &, 2016. "A review of methods, data, and models to assess changes in the value of ecosystem services from land degradation and restoration," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 319(C), pages 190-207.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kubiszewski, Ida & Jarvis, Diane & Zakariyya, Nabeeh, 2019. "Spatial variations in contributors to life satisfaction: An Australian case study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1-1.
- Gashaw, Temesgen & Tulu, Taffa & Argaw, Mekuria & Worqlul, Abeyou W. & Tolessa, Terefe & Kindu, Mengistie, 2018. "Estimating the impacts of land use/land cover changes on Ecosystem Service Values: The case of the Andassa watershed in the Upper Blue Nile basin of Ethiopia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PA), pages 219-228.
- Yamaguchi, Rintaro, 2020. "Available capital, utilized capital, and shadow prices in inclusive wealth accounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C).
- Watson, Keri B. & Galford, Gillian L. & Sonter, Laura J. & Ricketts, Taylor H., 2020. "Conserving ecosystem services and biodiversity: Measuring the tradeoffs involved in splitting conservation budgets," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 42(C).
- Jing Ning & Jianjun Jin & Foyuan Kuang & Xinyu Wan & Chenyang Zhang & Tong Guan, 2019. "The Valuation of Grassland Ecosystem Services in Inner Mongolia of China and Its Spatial Differences," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-14, December.
- Gasmi, Farid & Couvet, Denis & Recuero Virto, Laura, 2019. "The impact of renewable versus non-renewable natural capital on economic growth," TSE Working Papers 19-1058, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Fei, Li & Shuwen, Zhang & Jiuchun, Yang & Liping, Chang & Haijuan, Yang & Kun, Bu, 2018. "Effects of land use change on ecosystem services value in West Jilin since the reform and opening of China," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PA), pages 12-20.
- Sandhu, Harpinder & Clarke, Beverley & Baring, Ryan & Anderson, Sharolyn & Fisk, Claire & Dittmann, Sabine & Walker, Stewart & Sutton, Paul & Kubiszewski, Ida & Costanza, Robert, 2018. "Scenario planning including ecosystem services for a coastal region in South Australia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PA), pages 194-207.
- Campos, Pablo & Oviedo, JosÃ© L. & Ã lvarez, Alejandro & Mesa, Bruno & CaparrÃ³s, Alejandro, 2019. "The role of non-commercial intermediate services in the valuations of ecosystem services: Application to cork oak farms in Andalusia, Spain," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 39(C).
- Paul C. Sutton & Sophia L. Duncan & Sharolyn J. Anderson, 2019. "Valuing Our National Parks: An Ecological Economics Perspective," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-17, March.
- Zhonglin Tang & Geng Sun & Nannan Zhang & Jing He & Ning Wu, 2018. "Impacts of Land-Use and Climate Change on Ecosystem Service in Eastern Tibetan Plateau, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-19, February.
- Bryan, Brett A. & Ye, Yanqiong & Zhang, Jia'en & Connor, Jeffery D., 2018. "Land-use change impacts on ecosystem services value: Incorporating the scarcity effects of supply and demand dynamics," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 32(PA), pages 144-157.
- Jie Guo & Tianqi Zhu & Minghao Ou & Fengsong Pei & Xiaoyu Gan & Weixin Ou & Yu Tao, 2018. "A Framework of Payment for Ecosystem Services to Protect Cropland: A Case Study of the Yangtze River Delta in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Hamdi A. Zurqani & Elena A. Mikhailova & Christopher J. Post & Mark A. Schlautman & Azzeddin R. Elhawej, 2019. "A Review of Libyan Soil Databases for Use within an Ecosystem Services Framework," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-30, May.
- Gianluca Egidi & Luca Salvati & Pavel Cudlin & Rosanna Salvia & Manuela Romagnoli, 2020. "A New ‘Lexicon’ of Land Degradation: Toward a Holistic Thinking for Complex Socioeconomic Issues," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-19, May.
- Kubiszewski, Ida & Costanza, Robert & Anderson, Sharolyn & Sutton, Paul, 2017. "The future value of ecosystem services: Global scenarios and national implications," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(PA), pages 289-301.
- Fangfang Xun & Yecui Hu & Ling Lv & Jinhui Tong, 2017. "Farmers’ Awareness of Ecosystem Services and the Associated Policy Implications," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-13, September.
- Tian Dong & Weihua Xu & Hua Zheng & Yang Xiao & Lingqiao Kong & Zhiyun Ouyang, 2018. "A Framework for Regional Ecological Risk Warning Based on Ecosystem Service Approach: A Case Study in Ganzi, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-13, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics of land degradation; Ecosystem services; Ecological function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:129:y:2016:i:c:p:182-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.