Energy metabolism of the Balearic Islands (1986–2012)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nancy Arizpe & Jesús Ramos-Martín & Mario Giampietro, 2014. "An assessment of the metabolic profile implied by agricultural change in two rural communities in the North of Argentina," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 903-924, August.
- Giampietro, Mario & Mayumi, Kozo & Ramos-Martin, Jesus, 2009. "Multi-scale integrated analysis of societal and ecosystem metabolism (MuSIASEM): Theoretical concepts and basic rationale," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 313-322.
- Sanyé-Mengual, Esther & Romanos, Héctor & Molina, Catalina & Oliver, M. Antònia & Ruiz, Núria & Pérez, Marta & Carreras, David & Boada, Martí & Garcia-Orellana, Jordi & Duch, Jordi & Rieradevall, Joan, 2014. "Environmental and self-sufficiency assessment of the energy metabolism of tourist hubs on Mediterranean Islands: The case of Menorca (Spain)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 377-387.
- Jesus Ramos-Martin & Mario Giampietro, 2005. "Multi-scale integrated analysis of societal metabolism: learning from trajectories of development and building robust scenarios," International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(3/4), pages 225-263.
- Recalde, Marina & Ramos-Martin, Jesús, 2012.
"Going beyond energy intensity to understand the energy metabolism of nations: The case of Argentina,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 122-132.
- Marina Recalde & Jesus Ramos-Martin, 2011. "Going beyond energy intensity to understand the energy metabolism of nations: The case of Argentina," UHE Working papers 2011_03, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Camilo Martínez-Iglesias & Alevgül H. Sorman & Mario Giampietro & Jesus Ramos-Martin, 2014. "Assessing biophysical limits to the economic development of remote islands: the case of Isabela in the Galapagos Archipelago," Documentos de Trabajo CEPROEC 2014_01, Instituto de Altos Estudios Nacionales, Centro de Prospectiva Estratégica.
- Mayumi, Kozo, 1991. "Temporary emancipation from land: from the industrial revolution to the present time," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 35-56, October.
- Pons Antoni & Rullan Onofre, 2014. "Artificialization and Islandness on the Spanish Tourist Coast," Miscellanea Geographica. Regional Studies on Development, Sciendo, vol. 18(1), pages 5-16, March.
- Nina Eisenmenger & Jesús Ramos Martín & Heinz Schandl, 2007. "Análisis del metabolismo energético y de materiales de Brasil, Chile y Venezuela," Revista Iberoamericana de Economía Ecológica, Red Iberoamericana de Economía Ecológica, vol. 6, pages 17-39.
- FrÃ¶bel,Folker & Heinrichs,JÃ¼rgen & Kreye,Otto, 1981. "The New International Division of Labour," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521287203.
- Ramos-Martín, Jesús & Cañellas-Boltà, Sílvia & Giampietro, Mario & Gamboa, Gonzalo, 2009. "Catalonia's energy metabolism: Using the MuSIASEM approach at different scales," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4658-4671, November.
- Giampietro, Mario & Mayumi, Kozo, 1997. "A dynamic model of socioeconomic systems based on hierarchy theory and its application to sustainability," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 453-469, October.
- Ramos-Martin, Jesus & Giampietro, Mario & Mayumi, Kozo, 2007. "On China's exosomatic energy metabolism: An application of multi-scale integrated analysis of societal metabolism (MSIASM)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 174-191, June.
- Velasco-Fernández, Raúl & Ramos-Martín, Jesus & Giampietro, Mario, 2015. "The energy metabolism of China and India between 1971 and 2010: Studying the bifurcation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1052-1066.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreoni, Valeria, 2017. "Energy Metabolism of 28 World Countries: A Multi-scale Integrated Analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 56-69.
- Andreoni, Valeria, 2020. "The energy metabolism of countries: Energy efficiency and use in the period that followed the global financial crisis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy; Social metabolism; Multi-scale integrated analysis; Economic crisis; Sustainability; Balearic Islands;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:124:y:2016:i:c:p:25-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.