A monthly econometric model of the transmission of the Great Depression between the principal industrial economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fisher, P G, et al, 1990. "Econometric Evaluation of the Exchange Rate in Models of the UK Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1230-1244, December.
- Christina D. Romer, 1990. "The Great Crash and the Onset of the Great Depression," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 597-624.
- Blinder, Alan S, 1991.
"Why Are Prices Sticky? Preliminary Results from an Interview Study,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 89-96, May.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1991. "Why are Prices Sticky? Preliminary Results from an Interview Study," NBER Working Papers 3646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Foreman-Peck, James & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Ma, Yue, 1992. "The transmission of the great depression in the United States, Britain, France and Germany," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 685-694, April.
- Douven, R. C. & Plasmans, J. E. J., 1996. "SLIM, a small linear interdependent model of eight EU-member states, the USA and Japan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 185-233, April.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-276, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ritschl, Albrecht, 1998. "Reparation transfers, the Borchardt hypothesis and the Great Depression in Germany, 1929 32: A guided tour for hard-headed Keynesians," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 49-72, April.
- Broadberry, Stephen N, 1987. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Pound-Dollar Rate in the 1930s," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(213), pages 69-78, February.
- Dimsdale, N H & Nickell, Stephen J & Horsewood, N, 1989. "Real Wages and Unemployment in Britain during the 1930s," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 271-292, June.
- Harold James, 1992. "Financial flows across frontiers during the interwar depression," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 45(3), pages 594-613, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mitchell, James & Solomou, Solomos & Weale, Martin, 2012.
"Monthly GDP estimates for inter-war Britain,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 543-556.
- James Mitchell & Solomos Solomou & Martin Weale, 2011. "Monthly GDP Estimates for Inter-War Britain," CESifo Working Paper Series 3602, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mitchell, J. & Solomou, S. & Weale, M., 2011. "Monthly GDP Estimates for Inter-War Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1155, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1993. "The Endogeneity of Exchange Rate Regimes," CEPR Discussion Papers 812, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James Foreman-Peck, 2014. "Great recessions compared," Investigaciones de Historia Económica (IHE) Journal of the Spanish Economic History Association, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica, vol. 10(02), pages 92-103.
- Richard S. Grossman & Christopher M. Meissner, 2010.
"International aspects of the Great Depression and the crisis of 2007: similarities, differences, and lessons,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 318-338, Autumn.
- Richard S. Grossman & Christopher M. Meissner, 2010. "International Aspects of the Great Depression and the Crisis of 2007: Similarities, Differences, and Lessons," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2010-002, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2010.
- Richard S. Grossman & Christopher M. Meissner, 2010. "International Aspects of the Great Depression and the Crisis of 2007: Similarities, Differences, and Lessons," NBER Working Papers 16269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dr Martin Weale & Dr. James Mitchell, 2009.
"Monthly and quarterly GDP estimates for interwar Britain,"
National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers
348_2, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Mitchell, J. & Solomou, S. & Weale, M., 2009. "Monthly and Quarterly GDP Estimates for Interwar Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0949, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:17:y:2000:i:4:p:515-544. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .