Empirical estimates of inflation tax Laffer surfaces: a 30-country study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hwang, Hae-shin, 1985. "Test of the Adjustment Process and Linear Homogeneity in a Stock Adjustment Model of Money Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(4), pages 689-692, November.
- Kiguel, Miguel A & Neumeyer, Pablo Andres, 1995. "Seigniorage and Inflation: The Case of Argentina," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 672-682, August.
- Michael Bruno & Stanley Fischer, 1990. "Seigniorage, Operating Rules, and the High Inflation Trap," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 353-374.
- Easterly, William R & Mauro, Paolo & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1995.
"Money Demand and Seigniorage-Maximizing Inflation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 583-603, May.
- Easterly, William & Mauro, Paolo & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1992. "Money demand and seignorage - maximizing inflation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1049, The World Bank.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1992. "Optimal Inflation Tax under Precommitment: Theory and Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 179-194, March.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Tabellini, Guido, 1991.
"Explaining fiscal policies and inflation in developing countries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(1, Supple), pages 16-48, March.
- Sebastian Edwards & Guido Tabellini, 1990. "Explaining Fiscal Policies and Inflation in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calvo, Guillermo A. & Fernandez, Roque B., 1983. "Competitive banks and the inflation tax," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 313-317.
- Brock, Philip L, 1989. "Reserve Requirements and the Inflation Tax," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(1), pages 106-121, February.
- Alvin L. Marty, 1994. "The inflation tax and the marginal welfare cost in a world of currency and deposits," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 67-71.
- Phylaktis, Kate & Taylor, Mark P, 1993. "Money Demand, the Cagan Model and the Inflation Tax: Some Latin American Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 32-37, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pekarski, Sergey, 2011. "Budget deficits and inflation feedback," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Kimbrough, Kent P., 2006. "Revenue maximizing inflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 1967-1978, November.
- Noriega Antonio E. & Ramos Francia Manuel & Rodríguez-Pérez Cid Alonso, 2015. "Money demand estimations in Mexico and of its stability 1986-2010, as well as some examples of its uses," Working Papers 2015-13, Banco de México.
- Bali, Turan G. & Thurston, Thom B., 2006. "Inflation shoe leather costs and average inflation rates across countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1103-1129, November.
- Zhao, Liuyan & Li, Lianfa, 2015. "Interest rate, money demand and seigniorage: The Chinese hyperinflation 1946–1949," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 169-179.
- Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Taxation of Financial Intermediation : Theory and Practice for Emerging Economines," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15122.
- Jovis Wolfe Bellot, . "The Stability of the Demand for Broad Money in Argentina in the Post-Financial Liberalization Period," Fordham Economics Dissertations, Fordham University, Department of Economics, number 2002.2.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:63:y:2000:i:2:p:529-546. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.