Welfare consequences of food prices increases: Evidence from rural Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Feldstein, 1999.
"Tax Avoidance And The Deadweight Loss Of The Income Tax,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 674-680, November.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Tax Avoidance and the Deadweight Loss of the Income Tax," NBER Working Papers 5055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crawford, Ian & Laisney, Francois & Preston, Ian, 2003.
"Estimation of household demand systems with theoretically compatible Engel curves and unit value specifications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 221-241, June.
- Preston, Ian & Laisney, François & Crawford, Ian A., 2002. "Estimation of Household Demand Systems with Theoretically Compatible Engel Curves and Unit Value Specifications," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-06 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ian Crawford & Francois Laisney & Ian Preston, 2002. "Estimation of household demand systems with theoretically compatible Engel curves and unit value specifications," IFS Working Papers W02/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Deaton, Angus, 1988. "Quality, Quantity, and Spatial Variation of Price," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 418-430, June.
- Orazio Attanasio & Erich Battistin & Alice Mesnard, 2012.
"Food and Cash Transfers: Evidence from Colombia,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(559), pages 92-124, March.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Battistin, Erich & Mesnard, Alice, 2009. "Food and Cash Transfers: Evidence from Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 7326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orazio Attanasio & Erich Battistin & Alice Mesnard, 2009. "Food and cash transfers: evidence from Colombia," IFS Working Papers W09/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Browning, Martin & Meghir, Costas, 1991. "The Effects of Male and Female Labor Supply on Commodity Demands," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 925-951, July.
- McKelvey, Christopher, 2011. "Price, unit value, and quality demanded," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 157-169, July.
- Chávez Martín del Campo, Juan Carlos & Villarreal Páez, Héctor Juan & Cantú Calderón, Ricardo & González Sánchez, Horacio Edgardo, 2009. "Efecto del incremento en el precio de los alimentos en la pobreza en México," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(303), pages 775-805, julio-sep.
- Iftikhar Hussain, 2006. "Consumer Demand and the Role of Labour Supply and Durables," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(510), pages 110-129, March.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "The impact on poverty of food pricing reforms: A welfare analysis for Indonesia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-299.
- David L. Edgerton, 1997. "Weak Separability and the Estimation of Elasticities in Multistage Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 62-79.
- Orazio Attanasio & Valérie Lechene, 2010. "Conditional cash transfers, women and the demand for food," IFS Working Papers W10/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael, 2004. "Gainers and losers from trade reform in Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3368, The World Bank.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2005. "PROGRESA and its impacts on the welfare of rural households in Mexico:," Research reports 139, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
More about this item
KeywordsWelfare; Food prices; Demand; Policy; Conditional cash transfer;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:104:y:2013:i:c:p:136-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.