Welfare consequences of food prices increases: Evidence from rural Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Feldstein, 1999.
"Tax Avoidance And The Deadweight Loss Of The Income Tax,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 674-680, November.
- Martin Feldstein, 1995. "Tax Avoidance and the Deadweight Loss of the Income Tax," NBER Working Papers 5055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crawford, Ian & Laisney, Francois & Preston, Ian, 2003.
"Estimation of household demand systems with theoretically compatible Engel curves and unit value specifications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 221-241, June.
- Preston, Ian & Laisney, François & Crawford, Ian A., 2002. "Estimation of Household Demand Systems with Theoretically Compatible Engel Curves and Unit Value Specifications," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-06 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ian Crawford & Francois Laisney & Ian Preston, 2002. "Estimation of household demand systems with theoretically compatible Engel curves and unit value specifications," IFS Working Papers W02/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Deaton, Angus, 1988. "Quality, Quantity, and Spatial Variation of Price," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 418-430, June.
- Orazio Attanasio & Erich Battistin & Alice Mesnard, 2012.
"Food and Cash Transfers: Evidence from Colombia,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(559), pages 92-124, March.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Battistin, Erich & Mesnard, Alice, 2009. "Food and Cash Transfers: Evidence from Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 7326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orazio Attanasio & Erich Battistin & Alice Mesnard, 2009. "Food and cash transfers: evidence from Colombia," IFS Working Papers W09/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Browning, Martin & Meghir, Costas, 1991. "The Effects of Male and Female Labor Supply on Commodity Demands," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 925-951, July.
- McKelvey, Christopher, 2011. "Price, unit value, and quality demanded," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 157-169, July.
- Chávez Martín del Campo, Juan Carlos & Villarreal Páez, Héctor Juan & Cantú Calderón, Ricardo & González Sánchez, Horacio Edgardo, 2009. "Efecto del incremento en el precio de los alimentos en la pobreza en México," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(303), pages 775-805, julio-sep.
- Iftikhar Hussain, 2006. "Consumer Demand and the Role of Labour Supply and Durables," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(510), pages 110-129, March.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "The impact on poverty of food pricing reforms: A welfare analysis for Indonesia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-299.
- David L. Edgerton, 1997. "Weak Separability and the Estimation of Elasticities in Multistage Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 62-79.
- Orazio Attanasio & Valérie Lechene, 2010. "Conditional cash transfers, women and the demand for food," IFS Working Papers W10/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael, 2004. "Gainers and losers from trade reform in Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3368, The World Bank.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2005. "PROGRESA and its impacts on the welfare of rural households in Mexico:," Research reports 139, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Paolo Verme, 2016. "Prices and welfare," Working Papers 395, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Kane Gilles Quentin & Tene Gwladys Laure Mabah & Ambagna Jean Joël & Piot-Lepetit Isabelle & Sikod Fondo, 2015. "The Impact of Food Price Volatility on Consumer Welfare in Cameroon," WIDER Working Paper Series 013, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Orazio Attanasio & Elena Pastorino, 2015. "Nonlinear Pricing in Village Economies," NBER Working Papers 21718, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guerrero Santiago & Juárez-Torres Miriam & Sámano Daniel & Kochen Federico & Puigvert Jonathan, 2016. "Price Transmission in Food and Non-Food Product Markets: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2016-18, Banco de México.
- Elleby, Christian, 2014.
"Poverty and Price Transmission,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182722, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christian Elleby, 2014. "Poverty and Price Transmission," IFRO Working Paper 2015/01, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Elleby, Christian, 2015. "Poverty and Price Transmission," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211621, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Denni Tommasi, 2016. "Household Responses to cash Transfers," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-20, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Weber, Regine, 2015. "Welfare Impacts of Rising Food Prices: Evidence from India," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211901, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gadenne, Lucie, 2018. "Do Ration Shop Systems Increase Welfare? Theory and an Application to India," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1149, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Pierre Bachas & Paul Gertler & Sean Higgins & Enrique Seira, 2017. "How Debit Cards Enable the Poor to Save More," NBER Working Papers 23252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Entitlement fetching or snatching? Effects of arbitrage on Indiaâ€™s public distribution system," IFPRI discussion papers 1588, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Molnár, György & Cseres-Gergely, Zsombor & Szabó, Tibor, 2016.
"Pénzt vagy életet?. Empirikus eredmények néhány gazdaságpolitikai beavatkozás heterogén jóléti hatásairól
[For money or for life?. Empirical findings on the heterogenous welfare effects of some eco," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 901-943.
- José M. Labeaga & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López-Otero, 2018. "Energy Tax Reform and Poverty Alleviation in Mexico," Working Papers 1801, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:473-:d:131236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naoko Uchiyama, 2014. "Do Conditional Cash Transfers Reduce Household Vulnerability in Rural Mexico?," Discussion Paper Series DP2014-40, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Jan 2018.
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Arbitrage and Corruption in Food Subsidy Programs: Evidence from India’s Public Distribution System," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235763, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zsombor Cseres-Gergely & Gyorgy Molnar & Tibor Szabo, 2017. "Expenditure responses, policy interventions and heterogeneous welfare effects in Hungary during the 2000s," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1704, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Cali,Massimiliano & Hollweg,Claire Honore & Ruppert Bulmer,Elizabeth N., 2015. "Seeking shared prosperity through trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7314, The World Bank.
- Gadenne, Lucie, 2018. "Do Ration Shop Systems Increase Welfare? Theory and an Application to India," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 358, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:663-672 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jesse M. Cunha & Giacomo De Giorgi & Seema Jayachandran, 2011.
"The Price Effects of Cash Versus In-Kind Transfers,"
NBER Working Papers
17456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cunha, Jesse M. & De Giorgi, Giacomo & Jayachandran, Seema, 2015. "The price effects of cash versus in-kind transfers," Staff Reports 735, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Cunha, Jesse & De Giorgi, Giacomo & Jayachandran, Seema, 2011. "The Price Effects of Cash Versus In-Kind Transfers," CEPR Discussion Papers 8581, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tukae Mbegalo & Xiaohua Yu, 2016. "The Impact of Food Prices on Household Welfare and Poverty in Rural Tanzania," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 216, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:104-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lotfali Agheli, 2016. "Demand for Natural Gas in Food and Beverage Industries of Iran," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 588-593.
More about this item
KeywordsWelfare; Food prices; Demand; Policy; Conditional cash transfer;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:104:y:2013:i:c:p:136-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.