An algorithm for nonparametric GARCH modelling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- L. YANG & Wolfgang HÄRDLE, 1996.
"Nonparametric Autoregression with Multiplicative Volatility and Additive Mean,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1996,62, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Yang, Lijian & Härdle, Wolfgang & Nielsen, Jens P., 1998. "Nonparametric autoregression with multiplicative volatility and additive mean," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,107, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Engle, Robert F & Gonzalez-Rivera, Gloria, 1991. "Semiparametric ARCH Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(4), pages 345-359, October.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthieu Garcin & Clément Goulet, 2015. "Non-parameteric news impact curve: a variational approach," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 15086rr, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Feb 2017.
- COSMA, Antonio & GALLI, Fausto, 2006. "A nonparametric ACD model," CORE Discussion Papers 2006067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Meister, Alexander & Kreiß, Jens-Peter, 2016. "Statistical inference for nonparametric GARCH models," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 126(10), pages 3009-3040.
- Hou, Ai Jun & Suardi, Sandy, 2011. "Modelling and forecasting short-term interest rate volatility: A semiparametric approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 692-710, September.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01244292 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthieu Garcin & Clément Goulet, 2017. "Non-parametric news impact curve: a variational approach," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01244292, HAL.
- Yang, Hu & Wu, Xingcui, 2011. "Semiparametric EGARCH model with the case study of China stock market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 761-766.
- Patrick Saart & Jiti Gao & Nam Hyun Kim, 2014.
"Semiparametric methods in nonlinear time series analysis: a selective review,"
Journal of Nonparametric Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 141-169, March.
- Patrick Saart & Jiti Gao, 2012. "Semiparametric Methods in Nonlinear Time Series Analysis: A Selective Review," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 21/12, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Hou, Ai Jun, 2013. "Asymmetry effects of shocks in Chinese stock markets volatility: A generalized additive nonparametric approach," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 12-32.
- Efimova, Olga & Serletis, Apostolos, 2014. "Energy markets volatility modelling using GARCH," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 264-273.
- Véronique Delouille & Rainer Sachs, 2005. "Estimation of nonlinear autoregressive models using design-adapted wavelets," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 57(2), pages 235-253, June.
- Fousekis, Panos & Grigoriadis, Vasilis, 2016. "Spatial price dependence by time scale: Empirical evidence from the international butter markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 195-204.
- Storti, G., 2006. "Minimum distance estimation of GARCH(1,1) models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1803-1821, December.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Xekalaki, Evdokia, 2004. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity (ARCH) Models: A Review," MPRA Paper 80487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wilson Ye Chen & Richard H. Gerlach, 2017. "Semiparametric GARCH via Bayesian model averaging," Papers 1708.07587, arXiv.org.
- Yuanhua Feng & Lixin Sun, 2013. "A semi-APARCH approach for comparing long-term and short-term risk in Chinese financial market and in mature financial markets," Working Papers CIE 69, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Borovkova, Svetlana & Permana, Ferry J., 2009. "Implied volatility in oil markets," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2022-2039, April.
- repec:eee:energy:v:142:y:2018:i:c:p:1083-1103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ming Chen & Qiongxia Song, 2016. "Semi-parametric estimation and forecasting for exogenous log-GARCH models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 25(1), pages 93-112, March.
- Matthieu Garcin & Clément Goulet, 2015. "A fully non-parametric heteroskedastic model," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 15086, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Hou, Aijun & Suardi, Sandy, 2012. "A nonparametric GARCH model of crude oil price return volatility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 618-626.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:40:y:2002:i:4:p:665-683. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.