The supply-side of corruption and limits to preventing corruption within government procurement and constructing ethical subjects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neu, Dean & Everett, Jeff & Rahaman, Abu Shiraz, 2015. "Preventing corruption within government procurement: Constructing the disciplined and ethical subject," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 49-61.
- Eve Chiapello & Luc Boltanski, 2005. "The New Spirit of Capitalism," Post-Print hal-00678024, HAL.
- Eve Chiapello & Luc Boltanski, 2005. "The New Spirit of Capitalism," Post-Print hal-00680089, HAL.
- Prem Sikka, 2008. "Enterprise culture and accountancy firms: new masters of the universe," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 268-295, February.
- Sikka, Prem & Willmott, Hugh, 2010. "The dark side of transfer pricing: Its role in tax avoidance and wealth retentiveness," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 342-356.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zuzana Novotná & Petra Šánová & Adriana Laputková, 2016. "Evaluation of the Quality of Governance in African Countries using Aggregate Indicators," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 682-687.
- Jeppesen, Kim K., 2019. "The role of auditing in the fight against corruption," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(5).
- Sankay Oboh, Collins, 2020. "The Influence Of Perceived System Of Justice, Magnitude Of Consequences And Social Consensus On Ethical Decision-Making Among Professional Accountants In Nigeria," International Journal of Accounting and Finance (IJAF), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), vol. 9(2), pages 46-73, September.
- Nedra Baklouti & Younes Boujelbene, 2018. "Moderation of the Relationship Between Size of Government and Corruption by Democracy," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 9(4), pages 1210-1223, December.
- Sikka, Prem & Stittle, John, 2019. "Debunking the myth of shareholder ownership of companies: Some implications for corporate governance and financial reporting," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 63(C).
- Ferry, Laurence & Zakaria, Zamzulaila & Zakaria, Zarina & Slack, Richard, 2018. "Framing public governance in Malaysia: Rhetorical appeals through accrual accounting," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 170-183.
- Adams, Dawda & Ullah, Subhan & Akhtar, Pervaiz & Adams, Kweku & Saidi, Samir, 2019. "The role of country-level institutional factors in escaping the natural resource curse: Insights from Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 433-440.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Louis Moreno, 2012. "Looking backward," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 345-354, June.
- Virginie Xhauflair & Benjamin Huybrechts & FranÃ§ois Pichault, 2018. "How Can New Players Establish Themselves in Highly Institutionalized Labour Markets? A Belgian Case Study in the Area of Projectâ€ Based Work," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 56(2), pages 370-394, June.
- Stéphane Debenedetti & Isabelle Huault & Véronique Perret, 2015. "Resisting the power of organizations in Modern Times : May we all be Charlot? [Résister au pouvoir des organisations dans les Temps Modernes : Peut-on tous être Charlot ?]," Post-Print hal-01525807, HAL.
- Sikka, Prem, 2015. "The corrosive effects of neoliberalism on the UK financial crises and auditing practices: A dead-end for reforms," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-18.
- Neman Muradli & Fariz Ahmadov, 2019. "Managing contradiction and sustaining sustainability in inter organizational networks through leadership: a case study," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 6(3), pages 1255-1269, March.
- Philippe Batifoulier & Jean-Paul Domin & Maryse Gadreau, 2011.
"Market Empowerment of the Patient: The French Experience,"
Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 69(2), pages 143-162.
- Philippe Batifoulier & Jean-Paul Domin & Maryse Gadreau, 2011. "Market Empowerment of the Patient: The French Experience," Post-Print hal-02043327, HAL.
- Philippe Batifoulier & Jean-Paul Domin & Maryse Gadreau, 2011. "Market empowerment of the patient: the French experience," Post-Print halshs-01224922, HAL.
- Justin O'Connor, 2015. "Intermediaries and Imaginaries in the Cultural and Creative Industries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 374-387, March.
- Münnich, Sascha, 2016. "Note from the editor: Economic sociology and capitalism," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 18(1), pages 2-5.
- Antonio ALOISI & Valerio DE STEFANO, 2020. "Regulation and the future of work: The employment relationship as an innovation facilitator," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 159(1), pages 47-69, March.
- Lutter, Mark, 2014. "Creative success and network embeddedness: Explaining critical recognition of film directors in Hollywood, 1900-2010," MPIfG Discussion Paper 14/11, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Meg Holden & Andy Scerri & Azadeh Hadizadeh Esfahani, 2015. "Justifying Redevelopment ‘Failures' Within Urban ‘Success Stories': Dispute, Compromise, and a New Test of Urbanity," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 451-470, May.
- Rob Shields, 2008. "The Urban Question as Cargo Cult: Opportunities for a New Urban Pedagogy," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 712-718, September.
- Stefano Dughera, 2020. "Skills, preferences and rights: evolutionary complementarities in labor organization," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 843-866, July.
- Guéorguieva-Bringuier, Laura & Ottaviani, Fiona, 2018. "Opposition and Isomorphism with the Neoliberal Logic in Community Exchange Systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 88-97.
- EW Stapper & M Van der Veen & LB Janssen-Jansen, 2020. "Consultants as intermediaries: Their perceptions on citizen involvement in urban development," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 38(1), pages 60-78, February.
- Kraemer, Klaus, 2016. "Sociology and capitalism research," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 18(1), pages 18-28.
- Davis, Reade, 2015. "‘All in’: Snow crab, capitalization, and the future of small-scale fisheries in Newfoundland," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 323-330.
- Philippe Batifoulier & Nicolas da Silva & Victor Duchesne, 2019. "The dynamics of conventions: the case of the French Social Security System," Post-Print hal-01994383, HAL.
- Ionut Jianu, 2020. "The impact of government health and education expenditure on income inequality in European Union," Papers 2007.11409, arXiv.org.
- Andrada Tobias, 2020. " The worthy employee: Serious leisure through alternative forms of spirituality," Sociology and Social Work Review, International Society for projects in Education and Research, vol. 4(2), pages 100-109, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; Government procurement; Internal controls;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:crpeac:v:28:y:2015:i:c:p:62-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/critical-perspectives-on-accounting/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/critical-perspectives-on-accounting/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.