Reinterpreting money demand regressions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen M. Goldfeld & Alan S. Blinder, 1972. "Some Implications of Endogenous Stabilization Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(3), pages 585-644.
- Cagan, Phillip, 1982. "The Choice among Monetary Aggregates as Targets and Guides for Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 661-686, November.
- Pagano, Marcello & Hartley, Michael J., 1981. "On fitting distributed lag models subject to polynomial restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Lawrence S. Davidson & R. W. Hafer, 1983. "Some evidence on selecting an intermediate target of monetary policy," Working Papers 1982-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Feige, Edgar L & McGee, Robert, 1979. "Has the Federal Reserve Shifted from a Policy of Interest Rate Targets to a Policy of Monetary Aggregate Targets?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(4), pages 381-404, November.
- Dallas S. Batten & R. W. Hafer, 1983. "The relative impact of monetary and fiscal actions on economic activity: a cross-country comparison," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 5-12.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-552, September.
- Leonall C. Andersen, 1975. "A monetary model of nominal income determination," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 9-19.
- John A. Tatom, 1981. "Energy prices and short-run economic performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 3-17.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yash P. Mehra, 1985. "The recent financial deregulation and the interest elasticity of the simple M1 demand function : an empirical note," Working Paper 85-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Santiago Herrera A. & Juan Manuel Julio, 1993. "La demanda de dinero en el corto y en el largo plazo en Colombia," COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, FEDESARROLLO, vol. 23(1), pages 91-107, April.
- Sriram, Subramanian S., 2002. "Determinants and stability of demand for M2 in Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 337-356.
- Carlo Monticelli, 1996. "EU-wide money and cross-border holdings," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 132(2), pages 215-235, September.
- Lawrence J. Christiano, 1991. "Modeling the liquidity effect of a money shock," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 3-34.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Rup Singh, 2006. "Demand for money in India: 1953-2003," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 1319-1326.
- Issing, Otmar, 1997. "Monetary targeting in Germany: The stability of monetary policy and of the monetary system," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 67-79, June.
- Christiano, Lawrence J. & Eichenbaum, Martin, 1987.
"Temporal aggregation and structural inference in macroeconomics,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 63-130, January.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin S. Eichenbaum, 1986. "Temporal Aggregation and Structural Inference in Macroeconomics," NBER Technical Working Papers 0060, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum, 1987. "Temporal aggregation and structural inference in macroeconomics," Working Papers 306, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D., 2002.
"Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1161-1187, September.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2001. "Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia," Working Paper Series 2001-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Erwin W. Heri, 1988. "Money Demand Regressions and Monetary Targeting Theory and Stylized Evidence," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 124(II), pages 123-149, June.
- Nelson, Edward, 2002.
"Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 687-708, May.
- Edward Nelson, 2000. "Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence," Bank of England working papers 122, Bank of England.
- Nelson, Edward, 2001. "Direct Effects of Base Money on Aggregate Demand: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2666, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Howells, Peter & Hussein, Khaled, 1997. "The demand for money: Total transactions as the scale variable," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 371-377, September.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2006. "Monetary Policy Inertia: Fact or Fiction?," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(4), December.
- Poole, William, 1988.
"Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 73-100, Summer.
- William Poole, 1987. "Monetary Policy Lessons of recent Inflation and Disinflation," NBER Working Papers 2300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hasan Bakhshi & Ben Martin & Tony Yates, 2002. "How uncertain are the welfare costs of inflation?," Bank of England working papers 152, Bank of England.
- Troy Davig & Jeffrey R. Gerlach, 2006. "State-Dependent Stock Market Reactions to Monetary Policy," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(4), December.
- Hess, Gregory D. & Jones, Christopher S. & Porter, Richard D., 1998. "The predictive failure of the Baba, Hendry and Starr model of M1," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 477-507, November.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Marvin S. Goodfriend, 1988. "Theoretical analysis of the demand of money," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jan, pages 16-24.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:crcspp:v:22:y:1985:i::p:207-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jme .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.