Rural to urban land conversion in China — How large is the over-conversion and what are its welfare implications?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chengri Ding & Erik Lichtenberg, 2011. "Land And Urban Economic Growth In China," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 299-317, May.
- Lichtenberg, Erik & Ding, Chengri, 2009.
"Local officials as land developers: Urban spatial expansion in China,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 57-64, July.
- Lichtenberg, Erik & Ding, Chengri, 2008. "Local Officials as Land Developers: Urban Spatial Expansion in China," Working Papers 6834, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Rong Tan & Volker Beckmann, 2010. "Diversity of practical quota systems for farmland preservation: a multicountry comparison and analysis," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(2), pages 211-224, April.
- Guangzhong Cao & Changchun Feng & Ran Tao, 2008. "Local "Land Finance" in China's Urban Expansion: Challenges and Solutions," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 16(2), pages 19-30.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:palcom:v:4:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41599-018-0081-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Min Jiang & Liangjie Xin & Xiubin Li & Minghong Tan, 2016. "Spatiotemporal Variation of China’s State-Owned Construction Land Supply from 2003 to 2014," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-16, November.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:824-:d:98700 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:6:p:1766-:d:149367 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deininger,Klaus W. & Jin,Songqing & Liu,Shouying & Shao,Ting & Xia,Fang, 2015. "Impact of property rights reform to support China?s rural-urban integration : village-level evidence from the Chengdu national experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7389, The World Bank.
- Shiqiang Du & Peijun Shi & Anton Van Rompaey, 2013. "The Relationship between Urban Sprawl and Farmland Displacement in the Pearl River Delta, China," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Liu, Shouying & Xia, Fang, 2015. "Household-level impacts of property rights reform in peri-urban China: Evidence from the Chengdu National Experiment," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205753, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ying Liang & Demi Zhu, 2015. "Subjective Well-Being of Chinese Landless Peasants in Relatively Developed Regions: Measurement Using PANAS and SWLS," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 817-835, September.
- Qu, Song & Heerink, Nico & Xia, Ying, 2015. "Farmers' satisfaction with compensation for farmland expropriation in China--Evidence from micro-level data," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212702, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Deininger,Klaus W. & Jin,Songqing & Liu,Shouying & Xia,Fang, 2015. "Impact of property rights reform to support China?s rural-urban integration : household-level evidence from the Chengdu national experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7388, The World Bank.
- Qu, Futian & Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Shi, Xiaoping & Heerink, Nico, 2011. "Sustainable natural resource use in rural China: Recent trends and policies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 444-460.
- Xianlei Ma & Nico Heerink & Ekko Ierland & Xiaoping Shi, 2016. "Land tenure insecurity and rural-urban migration in rural China," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(2), pages 383-406, June.
- Pan, Jiun-Nan & Huang, Jr-Tsung & Chiang, Tsun-Feng, 2015. "Empirical study of the local government deficit, land finance and real estate markets in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 57-67.
- Xianlei Ma & Justus Wesseler & Nico Heerink & Futian Qu, 2013. "Land Tenure Reforms and Land Conservation Investments in China ¨C What Does Real Option Value Theory Tell Us?," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 19-33, August.
- Lu Zhang & Hongru Du & Yannan Zhao, 2016. "Game Behavior Analysis between the Local Government and Land-Lost Peasants in the Urbanization Process," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-15, November.
- Wu, Yan & Heerink, Nico, 2016. "Foreign direct investment, fiscal decentralization and land conflicts in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 92-107.
- Dong, Yilin, 2016. "A note on geographical constraints and housing markets in China," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 15-21.
More about this item
KeywordsFarmland conversion; Land market; Quota system; Market economy; Social welfare;
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:22:y:2011:i:4:p:474-484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.