Measuring China's monetary sterilization and autonomy in the era of globalization: 1995-2005
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sung Yeung Kwack, 2001. "An Empirical Assessment Of Monetary Policy Responses To Capital Inflows In Asia Before The Financial Crisis," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 95-113.
- Eswar Prasad & Shang-Jin Wei, 2007.
"The Chinese Approach to Capital Inflows: Patterns and Possible Explanations,"
NBER Chapters,in: Capital Controls and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: Policies, Practices and Consequences, pages 421-480
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eswar Prasad & Shang-Jin Wei, 2005. "The Chinese Approach to Capital Inflows: Patterns and Possible Explanations," NBER Working Papers 11306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Eswar S Prasad, 2005. "The Chinese Approach to Capital Inflows; Patterns and Possible Explanations," IMF Working Papers 05/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 2005. "An essay on the revived Bretton Woods system," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Feb.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- McKinnon Ronald I, 2006.
"China's New Exchange Rate Policy: Will China Follow Japan into a Liquidity Trap?,"
The Economists' Voice,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(5), pages 1-7, April.
- Ronald I. Mckinnon, 2005. "China'S New Exchange Rate Policy: Will China Follow Japan Into A Liquidity Trap?," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 50(spec0), pages 463-474.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 2005. "China's New Exchange Rate Policy: Will China Follow Japan into a Liquidity Trap?," Discussion Papers 05-002, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Marvin Goodfriend & Eswar Prasad, 2009.
"A Framework for Independent Monetary Policy in China,"
Chapters,in: Monetary Policy Frameworks for Emerging Markets, chapter 8
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marvin Goodfriend & Eswar Prasad, 2007. "A Framework for Independent Monetary Policy in China," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 53(1), pages 2-41, March.
- Marvin S Goodfriend & Eswar S Prasad, 2006. "A Framework for Independent Monetary Policy in China," IMF Working Papers 06/111, International Monetary Fund.
- Qiao Yu & Ping Xie, 1999. "Money Aggregates Management: Problems And Prospects In China'S Economic Transition," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(1), pages 33-43, January.
- Ramon Moreno, 1996. "Intervention, sterilization, and monetary control in Korea and Taiwan," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 23-33.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Gregory Chow & Yan Shen, 2004. "Money, Price Level and Output in the Chinese Macro Economy," Working Papers 104, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- repec:pri:cepsud:98chow is not listed on IDEAS
- Lutkepohl, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 1992. "Impulse response analysis of cointegrated systems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 53-78, January.
- Loren Brandt & Xiaodong Zhu, 2000. "Redistribution in a Decentralized Economy: Growth and Inflation in China under Reform," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(2), pages 422-451, April.
- John Greenwood, 2008. "The Costs and Implications of PBC Sterilization," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 28(2), pages 205-217, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tie Ying Liu & Chi Wei Su & Xu Zhao Jiang & Tsangyao Chang, 2015. "Is There Excess Liquidity in China?," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 23(3), pages 110-126, May.
- Cavoli, Tony & Rajan, Ramkishen S., 2015. "Capital inflows and the interest premium problem: The effects of monetary sterilisation in selected Asian economies," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-18.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary base Money supply Monetary sterilization Cointegration Foreign-exchange reserves;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:20:y:2009:i:3:p:336-347. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.