Are building users prepared for energy flexible buildings?—A large-scale survey in the Netherlands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kobus, Charlotte B.A. & Klaassen, Elke A.M. & Mugge, Ruth & Schoormans, Jan P.L., 2015. "A real-life assessment on the effect of smart appliances for shifting households’ electricity demand," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 335-343.
- De Coninck, Roel & Helsen, Lieve, 2016. "Quantification of flexibility in buildings by cost curves – Methodology and application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 653-665.
- Geelen, Daphne & Reinders, Angèle & Keyson, David, 2013. "Empowering the end-user in smart grids: Recommendations for the design of products and services," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 151-161.
- Verbong, Geert P.J. & Beemsterboer, Sjouke & Sengers, Frans, 2013. "Smart grids or smart users? Involving users in developing a low carbon electricity economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 117-125.
- Niesten, Eva & Alkemade, Floortje, 2016. "How is value created and captured in smart grids? A review of the literature and an analysis of pilot projects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 629-638.
- Hara, Keishiro & Uwasu, Michinori & Kishita, Yusuke & Takeda, Hiroyuki, 2015. "Determinant factors of residential consumption and perception of energy conservation: Time-series analysis by large-scale questionnaire in Suita, Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 240-249.
- Lopes, Marta A.R. & Henggeler Antunes, Carlos & Janda, Kathryn B. & Peixoto, Paulo & Martins, Nelson, 2016. "The potential of energy behaviours in a smart(er) grid: Policy implications from a Portuguese exploratory study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 233-245.
- Le Dréau, J. & Heiselberg, P., 2016. "Energy flexibility of residential buildings using short term heat storage in the thermal mass," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 991-1002.
- Kensby, Johan & Trüschel, Anders & Dalenbäck, Jan-Olof, 2015. "Potential of residential buildings as thermal energy storage in district heating systems – Results from a pilot test," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 773-781.
- Alexandra-Gwyn Paetz & Elisabeth Dütschke & Wolf Fichtner, 2012. "Smart Homes as a Means to Sustainable Energy Consumption: A Study of Consumer Perceptions," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 23-41, March.
- Vassileva, Iana & Dahlquist, Erik & Wallin, Fredrik & Campillo, Javier, 2013. "Energy consumption feedback devices’ impact evaluation on domestic energy use," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 314-320.
- Broman Toft, Madeleine & Schuitema, Geertje & Thøgersen, John, 2014. "Responsible technology acceptance: Model development and application to consumer acceptance of Smart Grid technology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 392-400.
- Lund, Peter D. & Lindgren, Juuso & Mikkola, Jani & Salpakari, Jyri, 2015. "Review of energy system flexibility measures to enable high levels of variable renewable electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 785-807.
- Colak, Ilhami & Fulli, Gianluca & Sagiroglu, Seref & Yesilbudak, Mehmet & Covrig, Catalin-Felix, 2015. "Smart grid projects in Europe: Current status, maturity and future scenarios," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 58-70.
- Scott, Fiona L. & Jones, Christopher R. & Webb, Thomas L., 2014. "What do people living in deprived communities in the UK think about household energy efficiency interventions?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 335-349.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finck, Christian & Li, Rongling & Zeiler, Wim, 2019. "Economic model predictive control for demand flexibility of a residential building," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 365-379.
- Ma, Zheng & Knotzer, Armin & Billanes, Joy Dalmacio & Jørgensen, Bo Nørregaard, 2020. "A literature review of energy flexibility in district heating with a survey of the stakeholders’ participation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 123(C).
- Liu, Mingzhe & Heiselberg, Per, 2019. "Energy flexibility of a nearly zero-energy building with weather predictive control on a convective building energy system and evaluated with different metrics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 764-775.
- Ayu Washizu & Satoshi Nakano & Hideo Ishii & Yasuhiro Hayashi, 2019. "Willingness to Pay for Home Energy Management Systems: A Survey in New York and Tokyo," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-20, September.
- Mlecnik, Erwin & Parker, James & Ma, Zheng & Corchero, Cristina & Knotzer, Armin & Pernetti, Roberta, 2020. "Policy challenges for the development of energy flexibility services," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Fransson, Victor & Bagge, Hans & Johansson, Dennis, 2019. "Impact of variations in residential use of household electricity on the energy and power demand for space heating – Variations from measurements in 1000 apartments," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Christine Milchram & Geerten Van de Kaa & Neelke Doorn & Rolf Künneke, 2018. "Moral Values as Factors for Social Acceptance of Smart Grid Technologies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-23, August.
- Yamaguchi, Yohei & Chen, Chien-fei & Shimoda, Yoshiyuki & Yagita, Yoshie & Iwafune, Yumiko & Ishii, Hideo & Hayashi, Yasuhiro, 2020. "An integrated approach of estimating demand response flexibility of domestic laundry appliances based on household heterogeneity and activities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C).
- Anwar Ul Haq & Hans-Arno Jacobsen, 2018. "Prospects of Appliance-Level Load Monitoring in Off-the-Shelf Energy Monitors: A Technical Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Wang, Andong & Li, Rongling & You, Shi, 2018. "Development of a data driven approach to explore the energy flexibility potential of building clusters," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 232(C), pages 89-100.
- Rolando-Arturo Cubillos-González & Grace Tiberio Cardoso, 2020. "Clean Technology Transfer and Innovation in Social Housing Production in Brazil and Colombia. A Framework from a Systematic Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-12, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBuilding occupant; Building energy flexibility; Demand side; Smart technology; Smart grids; Questionnaire; Smart building;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:203:y:2017:i:c:p:623-634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.