Numerical study on combined natural and forced convection in the fully-developed turbulent region for a horizontal circular tube heated by non-uniform heat flux
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- He, Ya-Ling & Xiao, Jie & Cheng, Ze-Dong & Tao, Yu-Bing, 2011. "A MCRT and FVM coupled simulation method for energy conversion process in parabolic trough solar collector," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 976-985.
- Cheng, Ze-Dong & He, Ya-Ling & Qiu, Yu, 2015. "A detailed nonuniform thermal model of a parabolic trough solar receiver with two halves and two inactive ends," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 139-147.
- Silva, R. & Pérez, M. & Fernández-Garcia, A., 2013. "Modeling and co-simulation of a parabolic trough solar plant for industrial process heat," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 287-300.
- Cheng, Z.D. & He, Y.L. & Cui, F.Q. & Du, B.C. & Zheng, Z.J. & Xu, Y., 2014. "Comparative and sensitive analysis for parabolic trough solar collectors with a detailed Monte Carlo ray-tracing optical model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 559-572.
- Fernández-García, A. & Zarza, E. & Valenzuela, L. & Pérez, M., 2010. "Parabolic-trough solar collectors and their applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 1695-1721, September.
- Lobón, David H. & Baglietto, Emilio & Valenzuela, Loreto & Zarza, Eduardo, 2014. "Modeling direct steam generation in solar collectors with multiphase CFD," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1338-1348.
- Wang, P. & Liu, D.Y. & Xu, C., 2013. "Numerical study of heat transfer enhancement in the receiver tube of direct steam generation with parabolic trough by inserting metal foams," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 449-460.
- Kalogirou, Soteris A., 2012. "A detailed thermal model of a parabolic trough collector receiver," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 298-306.
- Wu, Zhiyong & Li, Shidong & Yuan, Guofeng & Lei, Dongqiang & Wang, Zhifeng, 2014. "Three-dimensional numerical study of heat transfer characteristics of parabolic trough receiver," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 902-911.
- Suganthi, L. & Iniyan, S. & Samuel, Anand A., 2015. "Applications of fuzzy logic in renewable energy systems – A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 585-607.
- Padilla, Ricardo Vasquez & Demirkaya, Gokmen & Goswami, D. Yogi & Stefanakos, Elias & Rahman, Muhammad M., 2011. "Heat transfer analysis of parabolic trough solar receiver," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 5097-5110.
- Vignarooban, K. & Xu, Xinhai & Arvay, A. & Hsu, K. & Kannan, A.M., 2015. "Heat transfer fluids for concentrating solar power systems – A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 383-396.
- Serrano-Aguilera, J.J. & Valenzuela, L. & Parras, L., 2014. "Thermal 3D model for Direct Solar Steam Generation under superheated conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 370-382.
- Hachicha, A.A. & Rodríguez, I. & Capdevila, R. & Oliva, A., 2013. "Heat transfer analysis and numerical simulation of a parabolic trough solar collector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 581-592.
- Reddy, K.S. & Ravi Kumar, K. & Ajay, C.S., 2015. "Experimental investigation of porous disc enhanced receiver for solar parabolic trough collector," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 308-319.
- Roldán, M.I. & Valenzuela, L. & Zarza, E., 2013. "Thermal analysis of solar receiver pipes with superheated steam," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 73-84.
- Liang, Hongbo & You, Shijun & Zhang, Huan, 2015. "Comparison of different heat transfer models for parabolic trough solar collectors," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 105-114.
- Tian, Y. & Zhao, C.Y., 2013. "A review of solar collectors and thermal energy storage in solar thermal applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 538-553.
- Lu, Jianfeng & Ding, Jing & Yang, Jianping & Yang, Xiaoxi, 2013. "Nonuniform heat transfer model and performance of parabolic trough solar receiver," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 666-675.
- Cheng, Z.D. & He, Y.L. & Cui, F.Q., 2013. "A new modelling method and unified code with MCRT for concentrating solar collectors and its applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 686-698.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luo, Lei & Wen, Fengbo & Wang, Lei & Sundén, Bengt & Wang, Songtao, 2016. "Thermal enhancement by using grooves and ribs combined with delta-winglet vortex generator in a solar receiver heat exchanger," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1317-1332.
- Hachicha, Ahmed Amine & Yousef, Bashria A.A. & Said, Zafar & Rodríguez, Ivette, 2019. "A review study on the modeling of high-temperature solar thermal collector systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 280-298.
More about this item
KeywordsFully developed mixed turbulent flow; Non-uniform heat flux; Local buoyancy force; Parabolic trough solar collector;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:185:y:2017:i:p2:p:2194-2208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.