Environmental impacts of microgeneration: Integrating solar PV, Stirling engine CHP and battery storage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mohamed Ariff & Munawar Iqbal, 2011. "Introduction to Islamic Financial Institutions," Chapters, in: Mohamed Ariff & Munawar Iqbal (ed.), The Foundations of Islamic Banking, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- McManus, M.C., 2012. "Environmental consequences of the use of batteries in low carbon systems: The impact of battery production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 288-295.
- Lombardi, K. & Ugursal, V.I. & Beausoleil-Morrison, I., 2010. "Proposed improvements to a model for characterizing the electrical and thermal energy performance of Stirling engine micro-cogeneration devices based upon experimental observations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3271-3282, October.
- Balcombe, Paul & Rigby, Dan & Azapagic, Adisa, 2014. "Investigating the importance of motivations and barriers related to microgeneration uptake in the UK," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 403-418.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D. & Kondili, E., 2010. "Energy pay-back period analysis of stand-alone photovoltaic systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1444-1454.
- McKenna, Eoghan & McManus, Marcelle & Cooper, Sam & Thomson, Murray, 2013. "Economic and environmental impact of lead-acid batteries in grid-connected domestic PV systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 239-249.
- Dufo-López, Rodolfo & Lujano-Rojas, Juan M. & Bernal-Agustín, José L., 2014. "Comparison of different lead–acid battery lifetime prediction models for use in simulation of stand-alone photovoltaic systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 242-253.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kneiske, T.M. & Braun, M. & Hidalgo-Rodriguez, D.I., 2018. "A new combined control algorithm for PV-CHP hybrid systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 964-973.
- Isa, Normazlina Mat & Tan, Chee Wei & Yatim, A.H.M., 2018. "A comprehensive review of cogeneration system in a microgrid: A perspective from architecture and operating system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2236-2263.
- Kanyarusoke, Kant E. & Gryzagoridis, Jasson & Oliver, Graeme, 2016. "Re-mapping sub-Sahara Africa for equipment selection to photo electrify energy poor homes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 240-250.
- Zheng, J.H. & Wu, Q.H. & Jing, Z.X., 2017. "Coordinated scheduling strategy to optimize conflicting benefits for daily operation of integrated electricity and gas networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 370-381.
- Tavakolpour-Saleh, A.R. & Zare, Sh. & Omidvar, A., 2016. "Applying perturbation technique to analysis of a free piston Stirling engine possessing nonlinear springs," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 526-541.
- Li, Guiqiang & Xuan, Qingdong & Pei, Gang & Su, Yuehong & Lu, Yashun & Ji, Jie, 2018. "Life-cycle assessment of a low-concentration PV module for building south wall integration in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 174-185.
- Heli Kasurinen & Saija Vatanen & Kaisa Grönman & Tiina Pajula & Laura Lakanen & Olli Salmela & Risto Soukka, 2019. "Carbon Handprint: Potential Climate Benefits of a Novel Liquid-Cooled Base Station with Waste Heat Reuse," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-18, November.
- Dongmin Yu & Huanan Liu & Gangui Yan & Jing Jiang & Simon Le Blond, 2017. "Optimization of Hybrid Energy Storage Systems at the Building Level with Combined Heat and Power Generation," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-15, May.
- Carlos J. Sarasa-Maestro & Rodolfo Dufo-López & José L. Bernal-Agustín, 2016. "Analysis of Photovoltaic Self-Consumption Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-18, August.
- Gimelli, A. & Mottola, F. & Muccillo, M. & Proto, D. & Amoresano, A. & Andreotti, A. & Langella, G., 2019. "Optimal configuration of modular cogeneration plants integrated by a battery energy storage system providing peak shaving service," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 974-993.
- Shi, Huaizhou & Blaauwbroek, Niels & Nguyen, Phuong H. & Kamphuis, René (I.G.), 2016. "Energy management in Multi-Commodity Smart Energy Systems with a greedy approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 385-396.
- Jimenez, Maritza & Franco, Carlos J. & Dyner, Isaac, 2016. "Diffusion of renewable energy technologies: The need for policy in Colombia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 818-829.
- Wegener, Moritz & Malmquist, Anders & Isalgué, Antonio & Martin, Andrew, 2018. "Biomass-fired combined cooling, heating and power for small scale applications – A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 392-410.
- Gazda, Wiesław & Stanek, Wojciech, 2016. "Energy and environmental assessment of integrated biogas trigeneration and photovoltaic plant as more sustainable industrial system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 138-149.
- Kneiske, T.M. & Niedermeyer, F. & Boelling, C., 2019. "Testing a model predictive control algorithm for a PV-CHP hybrid system on a laboratory test-bench," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 121-137.
- Hai Lan & Jinfeng Dai & Shuli Wen & Ying-Yi Hong & David C. Yu & Yifei Bai, 2015. "Optimal Tilt Angle of Photovoltaic Arrays and Economic Allocation of Energy Storage System on Large Oil Tanker Ship," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-16, October.
- Ni, Mingjiang & Shi, Bingwei & Xiao, Gang & Peng, Hao & Sultan, Umair & Wang, Shurong & Luo, Zhongyang & Cen, Kefa, 2016. "Improved Simple Analytical Model and experimental study of a 100W β-type Stirling engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 768-787.
- Nadia Belmonte & Carlo Luetto & Stefano Staulo & Paola Rizzi & Marcello Baricco, 2017. "Case Studies of Energy Storage with Fuel Cells and Batteries for Stationary and Mobile Applications," Challenges, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Lan, Hai & Wen, Shuli & Hong, Ying-Yi & Yu, David C. & Zhang, Lijun, 2015. "Optimal sizing of hybrid PV/diesel/battery in ship power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 26-34.
More about this item
KeywordsMicrogeneration; Solar PV; Stirling engine CHP; Battery storage; Life cycle assessment; Environmental impacts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:139:y:2015:i:c:p:245-259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.