Water use and technical efficiencies in horticultural greenhouses in Tunisia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alfons Oude Lansink & Ky–sti Pietola, 2002. "Effciency and productivity of conventional and organic farms in Finland 1994--1997," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 51-66, March.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2003. "Enhancing water policy discussions by including analysis of non-water inputs and farm-level constraints," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 93-103, September.
- Alfons Lansink & Elvira Silva, 2004. "Non-Parametric Production Analysis of Pesticides Use in the Netherlands," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 49-65, January.
- Thiam, Abdourahmane & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rivas, Teodoro E., 2001.
"Technical efficiency in developing country agriculture: a meta-analysis,"
Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 235-243, September.
- Thiam, Abdourahmane & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rivas, Teodoro E., 2001. "Technical efficiency in developing country agriculture: a meta-analysis," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- Dhehibi, Boubaker & Lachaal, Lassaad & Elloumi, Mohamed & Messaoud, Emna B., 2007. "Measuring irrigation water use efficiency using stochastic production frontier: An application on citrus producing farms in Tunisia," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(2), September.
- Lilienfeld, Amy & Asmild, Mette, 2007. "Estimation of excess water use in irrigated agriculture: A Data Envelopment Analysis approach," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-3), pages 73-82, December.
- Tim Coelli & Sanzidur Rahman & Colin Thirtle, 2002. "Technical, Allocative, Cost and Scale Efficiencies in Bangladesh Rice Cultivation: A Non-parametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 607-626.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Alene, Arega D. & Zeller, Manfred, 2005. "Technology adoption and farmer efficiency in multiple crops production in eastern Ethiopia: A comparison of parametric and non-parametric distance functions," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), January.
- Abdul Wadud & Ben White, 2000. "Farm household efficiency in Bangladesh: a comparison of stochastic frontier and DEA methods," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 1665-1673.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pereira, Helga & Marques, Rui Cunha, 2017. "An analytical review of irrigation efficiency measured using deterministic and stochastic models," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 28-35.
- Gadanakis, Yiorgos & Bennett, Richard & Park, Julian & Areal, Francisco Jose, 2015. "Improving productivity and water use efficiency: A case study of farms in England," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 22-32.
- Ali Chebil & Aymen Frija, 2014. "Impact of Improving Irrigation Water Use Efficiency on the Valorization of Water Resources: Case of Irrigated Wheat Production Systems in Central Tunisia," Working Papers 865, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Chebil, Ali & Frija, Aymen, 2016. "Impact of improving water-use efficiency on its valuation: The case of irrigated wheat production in Tunisia," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(2), June.
- Varghese, Shalet Korattukudy & Veettil, Prakashan Chellattan & Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2013. "Estimating the causal effect of water scarcity on the groundwater use efficiency of rice farming in South India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 55-64.
- Watto, Muhammad, 2013. "Measuring Groundwater Irrigation Efficiency in Pakistan: A DEA Approach Using the Sub-vector and Slack-based Models," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152204, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9793-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Njiraini, Georgina W. & Thiam, Djiby Racine & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2016. "Implications of water policy reforms on water use efficiency and quality in South Africa: The Olifants river basin," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246440, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Chebil, Ali & Frija, Iheb & Bahri, Walid, 2014. "Irrigation water efficiency in wheat production in Chbika (Tunisia):Parametric versus Nonparametric Comparisons," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), January.
- Muhammad Arif Watto & Amin W. Mugera, 2014. "Measuring Production and Irrigation Efficiencies of Rice Farms: Evidence from the Punjab Province, Pakistan," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 301-322, September.
- Chebil, Ali & Abbas, Kais & Frija, Aymen, 2013. "Irrigation water use efficiency in central Tunisian's wheat production systems: A stochastic data envelopment approach," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160290, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Frija, Aymen & Chebil, Ali & Abdelkafi, Belhassen, 2012. "Irrigation water use efficiency in collective irrigated schemes of Tunisia: determinants and potential irrigation cost reduction," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(1), January.
- Jianjun Tang & Henk Folmer, 2016. "Latent vs. Observed Variables: Analysis of Irrigation Water Efficiency Using SEM and SUR," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 173-185, February.
- Watto, Muhammad Arif & Mugera, Amin William, 2013. "Measuring Groundwater Irrigation Efficiency in Pakistan: A DEA Approach Using the Sub-vector and Slack-based Models," Working Papers 144943, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Chebil, Ali & Frija, Aymen & Abdelkafi, Belhassen, 2010. "Irrigation water use efficiency in collective irrigated schemes of Tunisia: determinants and potential irrigation cost reduction," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96158, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigated production Data envelopment analysis Tobit model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:96:y:2009:i:11:p:1509-1516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.