Major problems and solutions on surface water resource utilisation in karst mountainous areas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hatibu, N. & Mutabazi, K. & Senkondo, E.M. & Msangi, A.S.K., 2006. "Economics of rainwater harvesting for crop enterprises in semi-arid areas of East Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(1-3), pages 74-86, February.
- Jian Ni, 2013. "Carbon storage in Chinese terrestrial ecosystems: approaching a more accurate estimate," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 119(3), pages 905-917, August.
- Pachpute, J.S., 2010. "A package of water management practices for sustainable growth and improved production of vegetable crop in labour and water scarce Sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(9), pages 1251-1258, September.
- Goel, A.K. & Kumar, R., 2005. "Economic analysis of water harvesting in a mountainous watershed in India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 257-266, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chilin Wei & Yan Zhu & Jinzhu Zhang & Zhenhua Wang, 2021. "Evaluation of Suitable Mixture of Water and Air for Processing Tomato in Drip Irrigation in Xinjiang Oasis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(14), pages 1-19, July.
- Liu, Ziqi & Li, Kaiping & Xiong, Kangning & Li, Yuan & Wang, Jin & Sun, Jian & Cai, Lulu, 2021. "Effects of Zanthoxylum bungeanum planting on soil hydraulic properties and soil moisture in a karst area," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 257(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gurib-Fakim, A. & Smith, L. & Acikgoz, N. & Avato, P. & Bossio, Deborah & Ebi, K. & Goncalves, A. & Heinemann, J. A. & Herrmann, T. M. & Padgham, J. & Pennarz, J. & Scheidegger, U. & Sebastian, L. & T, 2009. "Options to enhance the impact of AKST on development and sustainability goals," IWMI Books, Reports H042792, International Water Management Institute.
- Gurib-Fakim, Ameenah & Smith, Linda & Acikgoz, Nazimi & Avato, Patrick & Bossio, Deborah A. & Ebi, Kristie. & Goncalves, Andre & Heinemann, Jack A. & Herrmann, Thora Martina & Padgham, Jonathan & Penn, 2009. "Options to enhance the impact of AKST on development and sustainability goals," Book Chapters,, International Water Management Institute.
- Oweis, T. & Hachum, A., 2009. "Water harvesting for improved rainfed agriculture in the dry environments," IWMI Books, Reports H041998, International Water Management Institute.
- Alvaro Alberto López-Lambraño & Luisa Martínez-Acosta & Ena Gámez-Balmaceda & Juan Pablo Medrano-Barboza & John Freddy Remolina López & Alvaro López-Ramos, 2020. "Supply and Demand Analysis of Water Resources. Case Study: Irrigation Water Demand in a Semi-Arid Zone in Mexico," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 10(8), pages 1-20, August.
- Andersson, Jafet C.M. & Zehnder, Alexander J.B. & Rockström, Johan & Yang, Hong, 2011. "Potential impacts of water harvesting and ecological sanitation on crop yield, evaporation and river flow regimes in the Thukela River basin, South Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(7), pages 1113-1124, May.
- Reynolds, Travis W. & Anderson, C. Leigh & Slakie, Elysia & Gugerty, Mary Kay, 2015. "How Common Crop Yield Measures Misrepresent Productivity among Smallholder Farmers," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212485, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mpatane, O. & Kayombo, Benedict & Patrick, C. & Malope, P. & Tapela, M., 2016. "An assessment of socio-economic potential for Rain Water Harvesting (RWH) in semi-arid Bobirwa Sub-district of Eastern Botswana," African Journal of Rural Development (AFJRD), AFrican Journal of Rural Development (AFJRD), vol. 1(1), June.
- Abu-Zreig, Majed & Tamimi, Abdullah, 2011. "Field evaluation of sand-ditch water harvesting technique in Jordan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(8), pages 1291-1296, May.
- Mo, Fei & Wang, Jian-Yong & Ren, Hong-Xu & Sun, Guo-Jun & Kavagi, Levis & Zhou, Hong & Nguluu, Simon N. & Gicheru, Patrick & Cheruiyot, Kiprotich W. & Xiong, You-Cai, 2018. "Environmental and economic benefits of micro–field rain–harvesting farming system at maize (Zea mays L.) field scale in semiarid east African Plateau," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 206(C), pages 102-112.
- K. H. Anantha & Suhas P. Wani, 2016. "Evaluation of cropping activities in the Adarsha watershed project, southern India," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(5), pages 885-897, October.
- Cai, Yaohui & Yao, Chunping & Wu, Pute & Zhang, Lin & Zhu, Delan & Chen, Junying & Du, Yichao, 2021. "Effectiveness of a subsurface irrigation system with ceramic emitters under low-pressure conditions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 243(C).
- Stephen P. D’Alessandro & Jorge Caballero & John Lichte & Simon Simpkin, 2015. "Kenya," World Bank Publications - Reports 23350, The World Bank Group.
- Liang, Xiao & van Dijk, Meine Pieter, 2011. "Economic and financial analysis on rainwater harvesting for agricultural irrigation in the rural areas of Beijing," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 1100-1108.
- Reynolds, Travis W. & Anderson, C. Leigh & Slakie, Elysia & Gugerty, Mary Kay, 2015. "How Common Crop Yield Measures Misrepresent Productivity among Smallholder Farmers," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212294, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Descheemaeker, K. & Bunting, S. W. & Bindraban, P. & Muthuri, C. & Molden, D. & Beveridge, M. & van Brakel, Martin & Herrero, M. & Clement, Floriane & Boelee, Eline & Jarvis, D. I., 2013. "Increasing water productivity in Agriculture," Book Chapters,, International Water Management Institute.
- Moges, Girma & Hengsdijk, H. & Jansen, H.C., 2011. "Review and quantitative assessment of ex situ household rainwater harvesting systems in Ethiopia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(8), pages 1215-1227, May.
- Kahsay, Goytom Abraha & Hansen, Lars Gårn, 2016.
"The effect of climate change and adaptation policy on agricultural production in Eastern Africa,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 54-64.
- Goytom Abraha Kahsay & Lars Gårn Hansen, 2014. "The Effect of Climate Change and Adaptation Policy on Agricultural Production in Eastern Africa," IFRO Working Paper 2014/08, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Jiang, Weiguo & Deng, Yue & Tang, Zhenghong & Lei, Xuan & Chen, Zheng, 2017. "Modelling the potential impacts of urban ecosystem changes on carbon storage under different scenarios by linking the CLUE-S and the InVEST models," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 345(C), pages 30-40.
- Ping Liu & Xi Chen & Chi Zhang & Geping Luo & Ping Liu & Xi Chen & Chi Zhang & Geping Luo & Xi Chen & Chi Zhang & Geping Luo, 2019. "Remote Sensing Monitoring Shows that Climate Change has a Significant Impact on Vegetation Ecosystem in Central Asia," International Journal of Environmental Sciences & Natural Resources, Juniper Publishers Inc., vol. 17(3), pages 81-87, February.
- Falconnier, Gatien N. & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Van Mourik, Thomas A. & Sanogo, Ousmane M. & Giller, Ken E., 2015. "Understanding farm trajectories and development pathways: Two decades of change in southern Mali," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 210-222.
More about this item
KeywordsSurface water; Lithological character; Karst; Surface rainfall collection; Rain harvesting;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:159:y:2015:i:c:p:55-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.