Misuse of regression for empirical validation of models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCarl, Bruce A., 1984. "Model Validation: An Overview with some Emphasis on Risk Models," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(03), December.
- Harrison, S. R., 1990. "Regression of a model on real-system output: An invalid test of model validity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 183-190.
- Mayer, D. G. & Stuart, M. A. & Swain, A. J., 1994. "Regression of real-world data on model output: An appropriate overall test of validity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 93-104.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McCall, D. G. & Bishop-Hurley, G. J., 2003. "A pasture growth model for use in a whole-farm dairy production model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1183-1205, June.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:220:y:2009:i:15:p:1819-1825 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:216:y:2008:i:3:p:316-322 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo & Fox, Danny G. & Guiroy, Pablo J., 2004. "A decision support system to improve individual cattle management. 1. A mechanistic, dynamic model for animal growth," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 171-204, February.
- Bockstaller, C. & Girardin, P., 2003. "How to validate environmental indicators," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 639-653, May.
- Zhang, Baisen & Valentine, Ian & Kemp, Peter & Lambert, Greg, 2006. "Predictive modelling of hill-pasture productivity: integration of a decision tree and a geographical information system," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Martin Schönhart & Erwin Schmid & Uwe A. Schneider, 2009. "CropRota – A Model to Generate Optimal Crop Rotations from Observed Land Use," Working Papers 452009, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
- Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo, 2006. "Assessment of the adequacy of mathematical models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 225-247, September.
- Alagarswamy, G. & Singh, P. & Hoogenboom, G. & Wani, S. P. & Pathak, P. & Virmani, S. M., 2000. "Evaluation and application of the CROPGRO-Soybean simulation model in a Vertic Inceptisol," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 19-32, January.
- Qiongfang Li & John Gowing, 2005. "A Daily Water Balance Modelling Approach for Simulating Performance of Tank-Based Irrigation Systems," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 19(3), pages 211-231, June.
- O'Neal, Monte R. & Frankenberger, Jane R. & Ess, Daniel R., 2002. "Use of CERES-Maize to study effect of spatial precipitation variability on yield," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 205-225, August.
- Bouman, B.A.M. & van Laar, H.H., 2006. "Description and evaluation of the rice growth model ORYZA2000 under nitrogen-limited conditions," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 249-273, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:54:y:1997:i:3:p:313-326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.