A participatory, farming systems approach to improving Bali cattle production in the smallholder crop-livestock systems of Eastern Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thornton, P. K. & Herrero, M., 2001. "Integrated crop-livestock simulation models for scenario analysis and impact assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 581-602.
- Castelan-Ortega, Octavio A. & Fawcett, Roy H. & Arriaga-Jordan, Carlos & Herrero, Mario, 2003. "A Decision Support System for smallholder campesino maize-cattle production systems of the Toluca Valley in Central Mexico. Part II--Emulating the farming system," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 23-46, January.
- Paris, Thelma R., 2002. "Crop-animal systems in Asia: socio-economic benefits and impacts on rural livelihoods," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 147-168.
- Cramb, Rob A., 2000. "Processes Influencing the Successful Adoption of New Technologies by Smallholders," Proceedings 135365, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Horne, Peter M. & Stur, Werner W., 2003. "Developing agricultural solutions with smallholder farmers - How to get started with participatory approaches," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 114052.
- Horne, Peter M. & Stur, Werner W., 1999. "Developing Forage Technologies with Smallholder Farmers: How to Select the Best Varieties to Offer Farmers in Southeast Asia," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 114811.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Komarek, Adam M. & McDonald, Cam K. & Bell, Lindsay W. & Whish, Jeremy P.M. & Robertson, Michael J. & MacLeod, Neil D. & Bellotti, William D., 2012. "Whole-farm effects of livestock intensification in smallholder systems in Gansu, China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 16-24.
- Komarek, Adam M. & Bell, Lindsay W. & Whish, Jeremy P.M. & Robertson, Michael J. & Bellotti, William D., 2015. "Whole-farm economic, risk and resource-use trade-offs associated with integrating forages into crop–livestock systems in western China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 63-72.
- Le Gal, P.-Y. & Dugué, P. & Faure, G. & Novak, S., 2011. "How does research address the design of innovative agricultural production systems at the farm level? A review," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 714-728.
- Ash, Andrew & Hunt, Leigh & McDonald, Cam & Scanlan, Joe & Bell, Lindsay & Cowley, Robyn & Watson, Ian & McIvor, John & MacLeod, Neil, 2015. "Boosting the productivity and profitability of northern Australian beef enterprises: Exploring innovation options using simulation modelling and systems analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 50-65.
- Monjardino, M. & MacLeod, N. & McKellar, L. & Prestwidge, D., 2015. "Economic evaluation of irrigated forage production in a beef cattle operation in the semi-arid tropics of northern Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 122-143.
- Rigolot, C. & de Voil, P. & Douxchamps, S. & Prestwidge, D. & Van Wijk, M. & Thornton, P.K. & Rodriguez, D. & Henderson, B. & Medina, D. & Herrero, M., 2017. "Interactions between intervention packages, climatic risk, climate change and food security in mixed crop–livestock systems in Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 217-224.
- Brown, Colin & Waldron, Scott, 2013. "Agrarian change, agricultural modernization and the modelling of agricultural households in Tibet," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 83-94.
More about this item
KeywordsParticipatory action research Smallholder Crop-livestock Farming system model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:103:y:2010:i:7:p:486-497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.