Demand for red meat, poultry, and fish in Morocco: an almost ideal demand system
There is a paucity of data and basic research needed for policy analysis in Morocco. Subjective estimates for elasticities are currently used in making policy recommendations. An Almost Ideal Demand System model is used to estimate demand elasticities for beef, mutton, poultry, and fish in Morocco. Mutton is shown to be a luxury good reflecting Moroccans' preference for mutton. Demand is shown to be more elastic than has been assumed in some past policy analyses.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-42, April.
- Ray, Ranjan, 1984. "A dynamic generalisation of the almost ideal demand system," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 235-239.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, June.
- Dermot J. Hayes & Thomas I. Wahl & Gary W. Williams, 1990.
"Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(3), pages 556-566.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Wahl, Thomas I. & Williams, Gary W., 1990. "Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand," Staff General Research Papers 10940, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:9:y:1993:i:2:p:155-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.