Soil conservation and governmental policies in tropical areas: Does aid worsen the incentives for arresting erosion?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grepperud, S., 1993. "Soil Conservation and Agriculture Prices," Memorandum 17/1993, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Bellon, Mauricio R & Taylor, J Edward, 1993.
""Folk" Soil Taxonomy and the Partial Adoption of New Seed Varieties,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(4), pages 763-786, July.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. ""Folk" Soil Taxonomy And The Partial Adoption Of New Seed Varieties," Working Papers 225856, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Barrett, Scott, 1991. "Optimal soil conservation and the reform of agricultural pricing policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 167-187, October.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
- Ronald C. Griffin & John R. Stoll, 1983. "Evolutionary Processes in Soil Conservation Policy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 59(4), pages 30-39.
- Douglas Southgate, 1990. "The Causes of Land Degradation along "Spontaneously" Expanding Agricultural Frontiers in the Third World," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 93-101.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amsalu, Aklilu & de Graaff, Jan, 2007. "Determinants of adoption and continued use of stone terraces for soil and water conservation in an Ethiopian highland watershed," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 294-302, March.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2002. "Agriculture and the environment," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1249-1313 Elsevier.
- P. Dabral & Neelakshi Baithuri & Ashish Pandey, 2008. "Soil Erosion Assessment in a Hilly Catchment of North Eastern India Using USLE, GIS and Remote Sensing," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 22(12), pages 1783-1798, December.
- Helena Posthumus & Cornelis Gardebroek & Ruerd Ruben, 2010. "From Participation to Adoption: Comparing the Effectiveness of Soil Conservation Programs in the Peruvian Andes," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(4), pages 645-667.
- Edward B. Barbier & Ramón E. López & Jacob P. Hochard, 2016. "Debt, Poverty and Resource Management in a Rural Smallholder Economy," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(2), pages 411-427, February.
- Sanjeet Kumar & Ashok Mishra, 2015. "Critical Erosion Area Identification Based on Hydrological Response Unit Level for Effective Sedimentation Control in a River Basin," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(6), pages 1749-1765, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:12:y:1995:i:2:p:129-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.