The origins of the sub-prime crisis: Inappropriate policies, regulations, or both?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin L. Kliesen, 2006. "Survey says families are digging deeper into debt," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 12-13.
- Christina D. Romer & David Romer, 2002.
"The evolution of economic understanding and postwar stabilization policy,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 11-78.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2002. "The Evolution of Economic Understanding and Postwar Stabilization Policy," NBER Working Papers 9274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1981.
"The real interest rate: An empirical investigation,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 151-200, January.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1981. "The Real Interest Rate: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 0622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Poole, 2007. "The GSEs: where do we stand?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 143-152.
- Francis E. Warnock & Veronica C. Warnock, 2005.
"International Capital Flows and U.S. Interest Rates,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Francis E. Warnock & Veronica C. Warnock, 2005. "International capital flows and U.S. interest rates," International Finance Discussion Papers 840, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Francis E. Warnock & Veronica Cacdac Warnock, 2006. "International Capital Flows and U.S. Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 12560, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2005:i:mar10 is not listed on IDEAS
- William R. Emmons & Mark D. Vaughan & Timothy J. Yeager, 2004. "The housing giants in plain view," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 4-9.
- John M. Quigley, 2006.
"Federal credit and insurance programs: housing,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 281-310.
- Quigley, John M., 2006. "Federal Credit and Insurance Programs: Housing," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt41d5k3bd, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Yash P. Mehra, 2006. "Inflation uncertainty and the recent low level of the long bond rate," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 225-253.
- Thomas Palley, 2005. "The Questionable Legacy of Alan Greenspan," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 17-31.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2005. "The global saving glut and the U.S. current account deficit," Speech 77, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- International Monetary Fund, 2006. "United States; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 06/278, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:34:y:2010:i:3:p:222-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mervyn K. Lewis, 2011. "Monetary Policies During the Financial Crisis: An Appraisal," Chapters,in: The Global Financial Crisis, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Christopher J. Green & Eric J. Pentecost & Tom Weyman-Jones (ed.), 2011. "The Financial Crisis and the Regulation of Finance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14248.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:38:y:2014:i:3:p:155-169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mervyn Lewis, 2010. "An Islamic Economic Perspective on the Global Financial Crisis," Chapters,in: Macroeconomic Theory and its Failings, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:35:y:2011:i:2:p:90-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Darrin Grimsey & Mervyn K. Lewis, 2011. "Minimizing Collateral Damage: Options for Financing Public–Private Partnerships in the Wake of the Financial Crisis," Chapters,in: The Financial Crisis and the Regulation of Finance, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Neculai Tabara & Alina Rusu, 2011. "The role of accounting in the global financial crisis. Assumptions and realities," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 29, pages 16-22, August.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal financial crisis; Sub-prime mortgages; US current account deficit; Greenspan monetary policy; Shadow banking system; Collateralised debt obligations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accfor:v:33:y:2009:i:2:p:114-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/accounting-forum .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.