Income inequality and economic development: evidence from sub-Saharan African countries
The present paper used data from sub-Saharan african countries to analyze the relationship between income inequality and economic development. We used nonparametric and parametric methods to test their relationship. Our results are robust given that we used two different methods to archive our results. Both results confirm an N-shaped relationship between Income inequality and economic development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Toshiaki Tachibanaki, 2006. "Inequality And Poverty In Japan," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(1), pages 1-27.
- Racine, Jeff, 1997. "Consistent Significance Testing for Nonparametric Regression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 369-378, July.
- Shin, Inyong & Kim, Hyunho & Yamamura, Eiji, 2008. "Technological Progress and the Future of Kuznets Curve's," MPRA Paper 18866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffery Racine & Jeffrey Hart & Qi Li, 2006. "Testing the Significance of Categorical Predictor Variables in Nonparametric Regression Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 523-544.
- List, John A & Gallet, Craig A, 1999.
"The Kuznets Curve: What Happens after the Inverted-U?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 200-206, June.
- Craig Gallet & John List, 1999. "The Kuznets Curve: What Happens After the InvertedU?," Natural Field Experiments 00529, The Field Experiments Website.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- Hsiao, Cheng & Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2007.
"A consistent model specification test with mixed discrete and continuous data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 802-826, October.
- Cheng Hsiao & Qi Li & Jeff Racine, 2006. "A Consistent Model Specification Test with Mixed Discrete and Continuous Data," IEPR Working Papers 06.47, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- A. Gelan & G. N. Price, 2003. "African economies and the Kuznets curve: an exploratory investigation," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 747-751.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-13-00250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.