Income inequality and economic development: evidence from sub-Saharan African countries
The present paper used data from sub-Saharan african countries to analyze the relationship between income inequality and economic development. We used nonparametric and parametric methods to test their relationship. Our results are robust given that we used two different methods to archive our results. Both results confirm an N-shaped relationship between Income inequality and economic development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cheng Hsiao & Qi Li & Jeff Racine, 2006.
"A Consistent Model Specification Test with Mixed Discrete and Continuous Data,"
IEPR Working Papers
06.47, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Hsiao, Cheng & Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2007. "A consistent model specification test with mixed discrete and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 802-826, October.
- Jeffery Racine & Jeffrey Hart & Qi Li, 2006. "Testing the Significance of Categorical Predictor Variables in Nonparametric Regression Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 523-544.
- Racine, Jeff, 1997. "Consistent Significance Testing for Nonparametric Regression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 369-78, July.
- Toshiaki Tachibanaki, 2006. "Inequality And Poverty In Japan," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(1), pages 1-27.
- List, John A & Gallet, Craig A, 1999. "The Kuznets Curve: What Happens after the Inverted-U?," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 200-206, June.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- A. Gelan & G. N. Price, 2003. "African economies and the Kuznets curve: an exploratory investigation," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 747-751.
- Shin, Inyong & Kim, Hyunho & Yamamura, Eiji, 2008. "Technological Progress and the Future of Kuznets Curve's," MPRA Paper 18866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-13-00250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.