Financial sector: does size matter?
Huge empirical literature suggests the strong positive relationship between economic growth and size of financial sector. We document that this relationship is not robust, while the efficiency of financial sector measured by interest rate spread is strongly related to current and subsequent economic growth.
Volume (Year): 33 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeremy Greenwood & Juan M. Sanchez & Cheng Wang, 2010.
"Financing Development: The Role of Information Costs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1875-1891, September.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Juan M. Sanchez & Cheng Wang, 2007. "Financing Development: The Role of Information Costs," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 14, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Sanchez, Juan M & Wang, Cheng, 2007. "Financing Development: The Role of Information Costs," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12848, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Juan M. Sanchez & Cheng Wang, 2007. "Financing Development: The Role of Information Costs," NBER Working Papers 13104, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Juan M. Sanchez & Cheng Wang, 2009. "Financing development : the role of information costs," Working Paper 08-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Juan M. Sánchez & Cheng Wang, 2010. "Financing development: the role of information costs," Working Papers 2010-024, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jeremy Greenwood, 2007. "Financing Development: The Role of Information Costs," 2007 Meeting Papers 171, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Pfleiderer, Paul, 1985. "Delegated portfolio management," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Ross Levine, 2004. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 10766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-12-00733. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.