Capital inflow, vanishing sector and wage distribution in an economy with corruption related intermediation
This paper formulates a specific factor model of trade with skilled and unskilled workers as the specific and capital as the mobile factors. Production of goods is subject to intermediation and corruption. We then allow for international capital mobility and show that corruption as an activity may be squeezed out if the cost of intermediation is held fixed at any exogenously fixed level.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mandal, Biswajit & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Corruption and wage inequality?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 166-172, January.
- Falvey, Rodney E, 1976. "Transport Costs in the Pure Theory of International Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(343), pages 536-50, September.
- James H. Cassing, 1978. "Transport Costs in International Trade Theory: A Comparison with the Analysis of Nontraded Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 535-550.
- Carlyn Dobson & Antonio Rodríguez, 2010.
"Is Corruption Really Bad for Inequality? Evidence from Latin America,"
Development Research Working Paper Series
02/2010, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Antonio Andres & Carlyn Ramlogan-Dobson, 2011. "Is Corruption Really Bad for Inequality? Evidence from Latin America," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 959-976.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Marjit, Sugata & Mandal, Biswajit, 2011.
"Trade with Time Zone Differences: Factor Market Implications,"
37931, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Toru Kikuchi & Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2013. "Trade with Time Zone Differences: Factor Market Implications," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 699-711, November.
- Toru Kikuchi & Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2012. "Trade with Time Zone Differences:Factor Market Implications," Discussion Papers Series 462, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Marjit, Sugata, 2011. "Trade with time zone differences: factor market implications," MPRA Paper 30788, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2012. "Domestic trading costs and pure theory of international trade," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 8(2), pages 165-178, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.