Capital inflow, vanishing sector and wage distribution in an economy with corruption related intermediation
This paper formulates a specific factor model of trade with skilled and unskilled workers as the specific and capital as the mobile factors. Production of goods is subject to intermediation and corruption. We then allow for international capital mobility and show that corruption as an activity may be squeezed out if the cost of intermediation is held fixed at any exogenously fixed level.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mandal, Biswajit & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Corruption and wage inequality?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 166-172, January.
- Falvey, Rodney E, 1976. "Transport Costs in the Pure Theory of International Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(343), pages 536-550, September.
- Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2012. "Domestic trading costs and pure theory of international trade," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 8(2), pages 165-178, 06.
- Antonio Andres & Carlyn Ramlogan-Dobson, 2011.
"Is Corruption Really Bad for Inequality? Evidence from Latin America,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 959-976.
- Carlyn Dobson & Antonio Rodríguez, 2010. "Is Corruption Really Bad for Inequality? Evidence from Latin America," Development Research Working Paper Series 02/2010, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Toru Kikuchi & Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2013. "Trade with Time Zone Differences: Factor Market Implications," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 699-711, November.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Marjit, Sugata & Mandal, Biswajit, 2011. "Trade with Time Zone Differences: Factor Market Implications," MPRA Paper 37931, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Marjit, Sugata, 2011. "Trade with time zone differences: factor market implications," MPRA Paper 30788, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toru Kikuchi & Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2012. "Trade with Time Zone Differences:Factor Market Implications," Discussion Papers Series 462, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- James H. Cassing, 1978. "Transport Costs in International Trade Theory: A Comparison with the Analysis of Nontraded Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 535-550. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)