Governance and Foreign Aid in ASIAN Countries
This paper examines the determinants of flow of foreign aid in the 20 ASIAN countries in a panel framework. The model includes the foreign aid, foreign direct investment, six measures of governance, along with the purely economic variables which have been taken as control variables. Estimation analysis was carried out by using pooled annual time series data from 2002 to 2008 in the framework of fixed and random effect model. Relevance of GMM (1991) and GMM (1998) estimates were also evaluated. We find that there is strong evidence of significantly positive impact of past year's aid flow and regulatory quality on the current year's aid flow while significantly negative impact of exports of goods and services, political stability and control over corruption on the current year's aid flow, weak evidence of the negative impact of population, voice and accountability, and rule of law on the current year's aid flow and weak evidence of significantly positive impact of government effectiveness on the current year's aid flow.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James E. Anderson & Douglas Marcouiller, 1997.
"Trade and Security,I: Anarchy,"
NBER Working Papers
6223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cebula, Richard J., 1995. "The impact of federal government budget deficits on economic growth in the united states: an empirical investigation, 1955-1992," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 245-252.
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2010. "Corporate governance and economic growth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 2825-2841.
- Gould, David M. & Gruben, William C., 1996. "The role of intellectual property rights in economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 323-350, March.
- Azmat Gani, 2009. "Governance and foreign aid in Pacific Island countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 112-125.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-10-00724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.