Usefulness of Artificial Neural Networks for Predicting Financial and Economic Crisis
The objective of the present study is to explore the issue of the forecasting of economic crisis using the neural network. The subject is of great importance in the economy, more so as that the most countries affected by crisis, declared on the end of 2010, the economic growth but the crisis paralyzed the financial world over the past three years. Neural network techniques have been frequently applied in order to predict problems like economic forecasting. The results show that creating a model using the neural networks might be a powerful tool and could be applied to prevent the economic crises.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: No. 59-61, Nicolae Balcescu Street, Postal Code 800008, Galati|
Phone: (0040) 336.130.242
Fax: (0040) 336.130.242
Web page: http://www.feaa.ugal.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky, 1997.
"Leading Indicators of Currency Crises,"
IMF Working Papers
97/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997. "Leading indicators of currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1852, The World Bank.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul, 1998. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," MPRA Paper 6981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1999. "Bubbles, Crises, and Policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 9-18, Autumn.
- Abdul d Abiad, 2003. "Early Warning Systems; A Survey and a Regime-Switching Approach," IMF Working Papers 03/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Axel Schimmelpfennig & Nouriel Roubini & Paolo Manasse, 2003. "Predicting Sovereign Debt Crises," IMF Working Papers 03/221, International Monetary Fund.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Eddy Patuwo, B. & Y. Hu, Michael, 1998. "Forecasting with artificial neural networks:: The state of the art," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 35-62, March.
- Fioramanti, Marco, 2008.
"Predicting sovereign debt crises using artificial neural networks: A comparative approach,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 149-164, June.
- Marco Fioramanti, 2006. "Predicting Sovereign Debt Crises Using Artificial Neural Networks: A Comparative Approach," ISAE Working Papers 72, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ddj:fserec:y:2011:p:44-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gianina Mihai)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.