Testing a Parametric Model Against a Semiparametric Alternative
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- González-Manteiga, Wenceslao & Quintela-del-Río, Alejandro & Vieu, Philippe, 2002. "A note on variable selection in nonparametric regression with dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 259-268, April.
- Herwartz, H. & Xu, F., 2009.
"A new approach to bootstrap inference in functional coefficient models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2155-2167, April.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Xu, Fang, 2007. "A new approach to bootstrap inference in functional coefficient models," Economics Working Papers 2007-15, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Ellison, Glenn & Ellison, Sara Fisher, 2000.
"A simple framework for nonparametric specification testing,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 1-23, May.
- Ellison, G. & Ellison, F., 1993. "A Simple Framework for Non-Parametric Specification Testing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1662, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Glenn Ellison & Sara Fisher Ellison, 1998. "A Simple Framework for Nonparametric Specification Testing," NBER Technical Working Papers 0234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manuel A. Domínguez & Ignacio N. Lobato, 2020. "Specification testing with estimated variables," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 476-494, May.
- Li, Qi & Hsiao, Cheng & Zinn, Joel, 2003. "Consistent specification tests for semiparametric/nonparametric models based on series estimation methods," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 295-325, February.
- Grant, Darren, 2016. "The essential economics of threshold-based incentives: Theory, estimation, and evidence from the Western States 100," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 180-197.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine & Bickel, Peter J. & Stoker, Thomas M., 2001. "Goodness-of-fit tests for kernel regression with an application to option implied volatilities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 363-412, December.
- Töpfer, Marina, 2017. "Detailed RIF decomposition with selection: The gender pay gap in Italy," Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences 26-2017, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Li, Qi, 1999. "Consistent model specification tests for time series econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 101-147, September.
- Escanciano, Juan Carlos & Jacho-Chávez, David T., 2010. "Approximating the critical values of Cramér-von Mises tests in general parametric conditional specifications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 625-636, March.
- Hall, Peter & Yatchew, Adonis, 2005. "Unified approach to testing functional hypotheses in semiparametric contexts," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 225-252, August.
- Darren Grant, 2010. "The Simple Economics of Thresholds: Evidence from the Western States 100," Working Papers 1004, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Li, Q. & Wang, Suojin, 1998. "A simple consistent bootstrap test for a parametric regression function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 145-165, August.
- León, Carmelo J. & Araña, Jorge E. & Hanemann, W. Michael & Riera, Pere, 2014. "Heterogeneity and emotions in the valuation of non-use damages caused by oil spills," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 129-139.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Hong, Han & Shum, Matthew, 2007. "Nonparametric likelihood ratio model selection tests between parametric likelihood and moment condition models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 109-140, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:10:y:1994:i:05:p:821-848_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org/ect .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Keith Waters (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org/ect .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.