A note on variable selection in nonparametric regression with dependent data
We develop a nonparametric test, based on kernel smoothers, in order to decide whether some covariates could be suppressed in a multidimensional nonparametric regression study. We give the asymptotic distribution of the statistic involved in our test, under a general dependence assumption on the sample that allows for application to time series prediction.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 57 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bierens, Herman J., 1982. "Consistent model specification tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-134, October.
- Horowitz, J. & Härdle, W.K., 1992.
"Testing a Parametric Model Against a Semiparametric Alternative,"
1992-19, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Horowitz, Joel L. & Härdle, Wolfgang, 1994. "Testing a Parametric Model Against a Semiparametric Alternative," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 821-848, December.
- Horowitz, J.L. & Hardle, W., 1992. "Testing a Parametric Model Against a Semiparametric Alternative," Working Papers 92-06, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Lavergne, P. & Vuong, Q., 1992.
"Nonparametric Selection of Regressors : the Nonnested Case,"
9204, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Vuong, Quang H, 1996. "Nonparametric Selection of Regressors: The Nonnested Case," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 207-19, January.
- Kozek, Andrzej S., 1991. "A nonparametric test of fit of a parametric model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 66-75, April.
- Bierens, Herman J, 1990.
"A Consistent Conditional Moment Test of Functional Form,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1443-58, November.
- Bierens, H.J., 1989. "A consistent conditional moment test of functional form," Serie Research Memoranda 0064, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Hong, Yongmiao & White, Halbert, 1995. "Consistent Specification Testing via Nonparametric Series Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1133-59, September.
- Hall, Peter, 1984. "Central limit theorem for integrated square error of multivariate nonparametric density estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi, 1996. "Consistent Model Specification Tests: Omitted Variables and Semiparametric Functional Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 865-90, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:57:y:2002:i:3:p:259-268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.